Author Topic: Capitol fence to be reinstalled ahead of Biden’s State of the Union address  (Read 570 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 20, 2022 9:50am EST
Capitol fence to be reinstalled ahead of Biden’s State of the Union address
Capitol grounds were previously fenced off after Jan. 6, 2021, riot
By Jessica Chasmar , Chad Pergram | Fox News

Security officials will reinstall fencing around the Capitol next week ahead of President Biden’s State of the Union address, Fox News can confirm.

U.S. Capitol Police are bracing for a potential "Freedom Convoy" truck protest to Washington D.C. for the March 1 speech. "Freedom Convoy" truckers have been protesting in Canada for weeks against coronavirus restrictions and vaccine mandates and caused a temporary blockade of the busy Ambassador Bridge border crossing between Windsor and Detroit.

Capitol Police say they are "aware" of similar protests coming to Washington D.C. and are making plans to both "facilitate" First Amendment protest activity while working with law enforcement agencies and the D.C. National Guard to prepare for Biden's address.

"The United States Capitol Police and the United States Secret Service have been closely working together to plan for the upcoming State of the Union," the U.S. Capitol Police said in a statement Friday.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/capitol-fence-reinstalled-bidens-state-union
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
But they couldn't do that for Jan 6?

Right.

Weld those MF'ers together.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The capital must be defended by fence, the nation must not.  Democrats dropping their drawers to reveal who and what they are, shamelessly before the entire nation.  Like democrats must be defended and protected by hired guns, the populace must not be allowed to even defend themselves, especially for what democrats intend to do to them.  Biden already threatened the citizenry that he has the military to counter your being able to defend yourself with guns.  Whose the enemy of who?  They already have shown they favor radical muslims and Communists over YOU/us, as they have openly threaten us..
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline mountaineer

U.S. Capitol Police are bracing for a potential "Freedom Convoy" truck protest
Capitol Police (and FBI) also are planning their next false flag operation, most likely. Another Reichstag fire-type event will take place, and they'll blame it on Trump, somehow.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 12:00:37 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

So as long as they leave us alone and unmolested, that's fine.

But they won't.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Andy wrote:
"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

Back on January 6, 2021, I was sitting at the computer just browsing around.
The phone rang.
A friend called.
He said, "do you have the tv on? They're storming the Capitol. The representatives are hiding under their desks!" (or something close to that)

That was news to me.
My first word of reply to him was:
"GOOD!"

And then, I said to him just what Andy said above.
Still true today.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
One one hand,the fence is a really good idea and I am behind it.

Providing,of course that they put barbed wire on top along with search lights and armed guards to keep the bastards from escaping.

On the other hand,it is being improperly used. It is WE who are supposed to be protected from the inmates,not the inmates who are supposed to be protected from "We,the people".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

One one hand,the fence is a really good idea and I am behind it.

Providing,of course that they put barbed wire on top along with search lights and armed guards to keep the bastards from escaping.

On the other hand,it is being improperly used. It is WE who are supposed to be protected from the inmates,not the inmates who are supposed to be protected from "We,the people".
Me, I favor a solid concrete wall about 12 feet high.

Then turn on a garden hose and throw it over the top.....
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

Biden already put in a giant new fence around the White House, apparently to turn the yard into a giant kennel for his latest prop dog. Maybe members of Congress are doing the same.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@IsailedawayfromFR

Providing it is attached to something like a 440 volt exposed copper line.

In case you can't tell,I am losing my patience with the professional criminal class we call "politicians".

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram

1) USCP have closed off a few streets close to the Capitol “Due to the Truckers Convoy.” The streets are on the west side of the Capitol (National Mall side).   Multiple garbage trucks, dump trucks and snow plows have now closed off these streets “until further notice.”

2) Here is the advisory from USCP:

“Due to the Truckers Convoy, the following road closures are in effect until further notice:
- Maryland Avenue SW between First and Third Streets SW
-Pennsylvania Avenue NW between First and Third Street NW…”

3) “First Street between Constitution Avenue NW and Independence Avenue SW   A USCP vehicle will be posted at First Street and Constitution Avenue NW to allow access for authorized personnel.”

11:38 PM · Feb 19, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram

A) USCP sent this message about street closures around the Capitol yesterday: “All road closures associated with the anticipated Truckers Convoy have concluded. Enhanced truck restrictions are in place at the following locations until further notice…”

B) “Maryland Avenue SW between First and Third Streets SW
-Pennsylvania Avenue NW between First and Third Streets NW
- First Street between Constitution Avenue NW and Independence Avenue SW”

8:39 AM · Feb 20, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram

Security officials to raise fence around the Capitol again next week prior to State of the Union on March 1

8:41 AM · Feb 20, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Offline Kamaji

Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram

1) USCP have closed off a few streets close to the Capitol “Due to the Truckers Convoy.” The streets are on the west side of the Capitol (National Mall side).   Multiple garbage trucks, dump trucks and snow plows have now closed off these streets “until further notice.”

2) Here is the advisory from USCP:

“Due to the Truckers Convoy, the following road closures are in effect until further notice:
- Maryland Avenue SW between First and Third Streets SW
-Pennsylvania Avenue NW between First and Third Street NW…”

3) “First Street between Constitution Avenue NW and Independence Avenue SW   A USCP vehicle will be posted at First Street and Constitution Avenue NW to allow access for authorized personnel.”

11:38 PM · Feb 19, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

All they have to do is shut down the Beltway, I-95, and I-66 (the latter two at the exit/entrance ramps by the Beltway), and D.C. will be cut off from the world.  The resulting traffic overflows to surface streets will effectively shut everything else down.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram

A) USCP sent this message about street closures around the Capitol yesterday: “All road closures associated with the anticipated Truckers Convoy have concluded. Enhanced truck restrictions are in place at the following locations until further notice…”

B) “Maryland Avenue SW between First and Third Streets SW
-Pennsylvania Avenue NW between First and Third Streets NW
- First Street between Constitution Avenue NW and Independence Avenue SW”

8:39 AM · Feb 20, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram

Security officials to raise fence around the Capitol again next week prior to State of the Union on March 1

8:41 AM · Feb 20, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

@Right_in_Virginia

Ok,so the truckers shut down all the streets LEADING to those streets,and force the pols to get out and walk to work.

IF this happens,I hope the truckers brought a good supply of spoiled fruits with them.

Offline Kamaji

Here's a map of the Washington D.C. area showing the beltway (i.e., the broader area):

The thing to keep in mind is that a lot of the people who work in D.C., particularly the government workers, live just inside, or outside, the Beltway.  Goods being delivered both to D.C. and to the areas immediately surrounding D.C. also depend quite heavily on the Beltway to get from point A to point B.

As a result, one can see a number of strategic choke-points that, if clogged with vehicles, would effectively shut down access to D.C. (both coming out and going in), and it would not take too many vehicles to accomplish that result.  Furthermore, there are several points on the Beltway itself where, owing to the terrain, it narrows down to fewer lanes than in general.  These also constitute choke-points that could be used to stifle traffic flow into and out of D.C.

Once the Beltway and the major highways going into D.C. are choked off, or even just substantially slowed down, rush hour traffic, in particular, will start spilling over to the surface roads, and that will bring the entire region to a standstill.

Offline Hoodat

Paranoia may destroy ya.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

All they have to do is shut down the Beltway, I-95, and I-66 (the latter two at the exit/entrance ramps by the Beltway), and D.C. will be cut off from the world.  The resulting traffic overflows to surface streets will effectively shut everything else down.

Blocking the Potomac bridges is the key.  If government 'workers' [sic] living in NoVa can't get across the river, then they will have to move back to Maryland where they belong.  Fairfax County becomes Conservative again.  Everyone is happy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

@Right_in_Virginia

Ok,so the truckers shut down all the streets LEADING to those streets,and force the pols to get out and walk to work.

IF this happens,I hope the truckers brought a good supply of spoiled fruits with them.

I'm hoping the elites in DC don't realize all the truckers need do is close off a few select roads around DC and the genuises have turned themselves into captives @sneakypete   888blackhat

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Paranoia may destroy ya.

@Hoodat

And it MIGHT make you clever.

Offline rustynail

The Freedom Fence!

Offline Killer Clouds

The DCP has always said walls and fences don't work. This is just more proof that Democrat Communist Party equals lying hypocrite.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
OMG! Just think of the crisis that would cause in the White House, they'll have to bring in Joe's Depends on Marine 1 and eventually the depends may become unobtainable.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Firehose...But that wall will never fill, unless the tunnels under there have watertight doors.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Decision to put Pelosi’s metal fence back up ahead of Biden SOTU prompts hilarious scrutiny
February 21, 2022 | Kevin Haggerty

U.S. Capitol Police (USCP) announced that fencing will once again be installed around the Capitol building ahead of President Biden’s first State of the Union address, leaving many wondering, “who cares?”

The USCP released a statement on Friday describing how they are working closely with “local, state and federal law enforcement agencies” like the United States Secret Service and D.C. National Guard and they “are aware of plans for a series of truck convoys arriving in Washington, DC around the time” of Biden’s address.

Though the Friday statement said that a decision had not been made for the “temporary inner-perimeter fence,” Fox News confirmed Sunday that it would be installed. Despite the suggestion that an American trucker convoy is on its way, the question remains if anyone is interested in the speech.

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1495459887240908807

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/02/21/decision-to-put-pelosis-metal-fence-back-up-ahead-of-biden-sotu-prompts-hilarious-scrutiny-1203884/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Imagine, they called Trump a tyrant, who made life better for Americans and America across the board.  these same useful ho's, stooges, fools are silent to Biden moving into a real era of tyrant rule, barricades to keep safe from the very citizens they refuse to represent.  Odd they don't seem to need to defend themselves from the global rich that fill their pockets full of millions of dollars.  The 'war against the rich' democrats, are owned by the rich, that's why the rich keep getting richer as do the democrats.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions