Author Topic: Biden to pay Texas ranchers and farmers for property damage by illegal migrants  (Read 424 times)

Online corbe

Biden to pay Texas ranchers and farmers for property damage by illegal migrants

by Anna Giaritelli, Homeland Security Reporter
February 19, 2022 02:42 PM

AUSTIN, Texas — The Biden administration has agreed to reimburse farmers and ranchers across 33 Texas counties for damages sustained in the surge of illegal immigration and drug smuggling at the U.S.-Mexico border.

In an unprecedented move, the Department of Agriculture announced an initiative this week that would provide financial assistance to landowners “currently impacted by damage to fields and farming infrastructure,” though the government news release skirted mentioning what had caused the widespread damages.

“We understand that the field and farming infrastructure damages along the border are costly and have a negative impact on our natural resources that our farmers and ranchers work hard to conserve,” Kristy Oates, a state conservationist for the department’s Natural Resources Conservation Service in Texas, said in a statement. “Our field offices are ready to assist eligible producers with technical and financial assistance.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/immigration/biden-to-pay-texas-ranchers-and-farmers-for-property-damage-by-illegal-migrants
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Kamaji

Trying to buy their silence in the face of the continuing invasion over the southern border. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

And how much does he pay for the people whose lives are ruined by their daughter being raped, or relatives killed?

What price, Joe?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It would have been cheaper to just keep the fricking border closed.

The money won't come out of the 'Bug Guy's' pocket, it will come out of ours--because he set this whole mess up in the first place.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I got a novel idea, Joe.

Why not force those who did the damage to pay up on this?

Why fleece us taxpayers instead?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington