Author Topic: CNN vs Ivermectin  (Read 117 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
CNN vs Ivermectin
« on: February 19, 2022, 01:56:25 pm »
Igor's Newsletter 2/18/2022

CNN says study shows Ivermectin does not work -- but it shows that it DOES

Came across this tweet from a bluecheck CNN anchor:

I was so sad to hear that Ivermectin is not effective, so I decided to give the study a closer look.

The study had a 241 person study group who received 0.4 mg/kg Ivermectin for 5 days, which is the FLCCC recommended dose. (my wife got 0.3 mg/kg). It also had a 249 person control group who received the standard of care. (and no ivermectin)

The patients were at-risk persons with comorbidities, most likely to get sick or die.

Design, Setting, and Participants  The Ivermectin Treatment Efficacy in COVID-19 High-Risk Patients (I-TECH) study was an open-label randomized clinical trial conducted at 20 public hospitals and a COVID-19 quarantine center in Malaysia between May 31 and October 25, 2021. Within the first week of patients’ symptom onset, the study enrolled patients 50 years and older with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19, comorbidities, and mild to moderate disease.

Interventions  Patients were randomized in a 1:1 ratio to receive either oral ivermectin, 0.4 mg/kg body weight daily for 5 days, plus standard of care (n = 241) or standard of care alone (n = 249). The standard of care consisted of symptomatic therapy and monitoring for signs of early deterioration based on clinical findings, laboratory test results, and chest imaging.

To my utter shock, the study actually showed that Ivermectin DID work:

So, the study showed that , for Ivermectin vs control group:

•   4 vs 10 were placed on mechanical ventilation

•   3 vs 10 died (so 3 Ivermectin patients died, vs 10 without Ivermectin).

For those versed in statistics, the “statistical significance” of these differences (P) was 0.19 and 0.09. It does not get under the standard of P <= 0.05, so the difference can be called “not statistically significant”. But it IS significant to us, and the P values are high because the study was underpowered.

Clearly Ivermectin showed positive effect, 3 vs 10 deaths is a huge benefit. The study likely saved about 7 lives by giving Ivermectin to 241 persons.

More: https://igorchudov.substack.com/p/cnn-vs-ivermectin?utm_source=url

Offline Hoodat

Re: CNN vs Ivermectin
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 02:16:47 pm »
That translates to 670,000 Americans who would still be alive today had they been treated with ivermectin.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: CNN vs Ivermectin
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 09:28:48 pm »
That translates to 670,000 Americans who would still be alive today had they been treated with ivermectin.
As long as there were no approved therapies for the disease, the Emergency Use Authorization for the experimental mRNA shots could continue.

Therefore, Ivermectin, and other since proven effective therapeutic regimens have not been approved. In an effort to avoid the public demand for that approval, the therapy regimens have been attacked, often contrary to what studies have shown, by the nonscientific media. (CNN is not reviewed by scientists, only journalists and those seeking to preserve the narrative).

Pharma stocks are doing swimmingly, as are their profits, millions have died worldwide, but those profiting off this see that as a 'small price to pay', either through greed or psychosis or both.

Now this Crime Against Humanity is being used as the excuse to grab the power to perpetrate the next round of crimes against humanity.

This must stop.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 09:29:50 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis