Author Topic: Uber driver pleaded for her life before she was killed in Monroeville, dashcam video shows  (Read 868 times)

Offline mountaineer

Uber driver killed, left in Monroeville pleaded for life during robbery, police say
Megan Tomasic, Megan Guza And Ryan Deto
Thursday, Feb. 17, 2022 8:34 p.m.
Pittsburgh Tribune Review
Christi Spicuzza pleaded for her life as the man in the back seat of her Nissan Sentra pressed a gun against her head, telling the man that she had a family and four kids at home, court paperwork shows.

Spicuzza, an Uber driver, had picked up 22-year-old Calvin Crew about 9:15 p.m. Feb. 10 and was supposed to take him from Pitcairn to Penn Hills, according to a criminal complaint filed against Crew.

“You’ve got to be joking,” Spicuzza, 38, told Crew as she took her right hand off the wheel to touch the gun against her head, the complaint said.

Police said a dashboard camera in Spicuzza’s car, purchased for her by her longtime partner, captured the exchange between Spicuzza and Crew before Crew took down the camera. After that, investigators said, several payment and banking apps were accessed on Spicuzza’s phone and she was killed and left in a wooded area in Monroeville. ...

Crew, who was arrested on an unrelated warrant, told police in the interview that he had his girlfriend order the Uber trip for him so he could check for mail at his old address on Pershing Street in Penn Hills, according to the complaint. He said his driver dropped him off at his old address and then drove away, the complaint said. Crew said he retrieved some mail and then walked to a Port Authority bus station in Wilkinsburg to catch a bus toward home.

Police said no security cameras showed Crew in any of the places he said he had gone. ...
More at Tribune Review

I'd always heard driving a taxi (which is pretty much the same as Uber) was one of the most dangerous jobs one could have.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Uber driver pleaded for her life before she was killed in Monroeville, dashcam video shows
Courtesy of Pitcairn Police

Calvin Crew, 22, of Penn Hills, is charged with criminal homicide in Christi Spicuzza's death

Jesse Bunch and Mick Stinelli
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Feb 18, 2022

An Uber driver begged for her life and pleaded that she had four children before a Penn Hills man fatally shot her during what investigators believe was a robbery attempt, according to a transcript of dashcam video.

Allegheny County police on Wednesday night charged Calvin Crew, 22, in the killing of 38-year-old Christi Spicuzza, whose body was found in Monroeville last weekend.

Mr. Crew is charged with homicide, robbery and tampering with evidence.

In a criminal complaint, police described how Mr. Crew allegedly used his girlfriend's phone to order an Uber and held a gun to Ms. Spicuzza’s head as she begged him to lower the weapon.

On a video retrieved from Ms. Spicuzza’s dashcam, investigators saw her arriving to pick up Mr. Crew on Feb. 11. He entered the vehicle and produced a handgun, pointing it at the back of her head, the complaint says.

Calvin Crew(Allegheny County Jail)

He told her to keep driving. When she reached back and felt the gun, she responded, “You’ve got to be joking,” the complaint reads.

Mr. Crew reiterated that he had a gun, and she told him that she had a family, the complaint says.

“I got a family too,” Mr. Crew said. “Now drive.”

“I’m begging you, I have four kids,” she said at one point.

He repeatedly told her to “complete the trip” as she again asked him to put the gun down. He kept the gun pointed at the back of her neck.

“Please take that off of me,” she said. He reached forward and took her cell phone off of the dashboard, the complaint says.

“Do what I say, and everything will be all right,” he told her. The video ends as Mr. Crew reaches forward and grabs the dashcam, the complaint says.

Police found Ms. Spicuzza, of Turtle Creek, dead with a single gunshot wound to the head in a wooded area near the 500 block of Rosecrest Drive.

more
https://www.post-gazette.com/news/crime-courts/2022/02/17/uber-driver-killed-christi-spicuzza-monroeville-police-arrest-calvin-crew-homicide-robbery-charges/stories/202202170148
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
 888mouth

(I do think we have terms and conditions here.)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Look at the pictures.
I know what you're thinking.
Even though you can't say it or type it.
Stop feeling bad about that.
Your disgust is both rational and justified.

Offline goatprairie

Look at the pictures.
If anyone reads the news from the CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX outlets for big cities with large black populations as I do every day knows that any person who picks up a black male takes a huge chance with their life. Those are just the facts.
There's a reason many cabbies and delivery people will either not pick up black males or refuse to go into black sections of many cities. It's simply not worth their lives.
This is just another example why.
I never read stories of whites, Hispanic, Asian, or American-Indian males shooting defenseless  women whom they don't know who are simply doing their job.
This is basically a specialty of black males.
People have to have the courage to speak out about these things. The problem of violent black criminality should not be swept under the rug.

Offline LMAO

There's a reason many cabbies and delivery people will either not pick up black males or refuse to go into black sections of many cities. It's simply not worth their lives.

Back in the 1990's there was a story of how Pizza deliverers were told by the company not to deliver in these neighborhoods and then AG Reno told them to do such was racial profiling and tried to order them to continue delivery in those areas
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online andy58-in-nh

Look at the pictures.

The other thing I'm thinking is how some left-wing criminal defense attorney will try to get him off, or how a left-wing prosecutor will try to get him a minimum sentence.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
He has “dead eyes”. Like his own soul left his body and has been replaced with something demonic.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Look at the pictures.
:thumbsup:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mountaineer

The other thing I'm thinking is how some left-wing criminal defense attorney will try to get him off, or how a left-wing prosecutor will try to get him a minimum sentence.
Fortunately, Allegheny County's prosecutor, a Democrat, is not a soft-on-crime, Soros-funded type of prosecuting attorney.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Look at the pictures.

@Fishrrman

Yup!

EVERYBODY that isn't black is thinking it,but the PC police won't let us say it out loud.

AND.......,It is NOT our fault.

The fault lies ENTIRELY within the black community. THEY are the ones that need to speak up,start informing on the thugs,and start restoring civilization in their own damn communities.

It is PAST time for white people to stop being polite babysitters for what has evolved into a community of professional criminals.

It did NOT used to be this way prior to the 1950's. Black communities were as lawful and respectful as any other community,and the criminals lived and operated in a small section of the community that was pretty much left alone as long as they remained there.

Then the Civil Rights crap started up,and it suddenly became not only impolite,but damn near a criminal act to accuse any black person of anything short of sainthood.

Witness the statue of St George,the career thug,in a public park as proof of how far this has gone.

Name ONE country anywhere in the world that has a statue of a career professional criminal that made a living by victimizing women and others smaller and weaker than him,who died while resisting a felony arrest,and then had a statue of him raised in a public park,just like he is some sort of national hero.

Not only that,but he had several children by women he never married,and the taxpayers had to pay to feed and house them. It was said that he lived off and on with these women while they lived in public housing,moving from one to another to avoid being caught by the authorities.

I may be wrong,but I don't think he ever actually held a real job in his whole damn life.

And THIS guy is seen as a national hero by many blacks?????
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!