Author Topic: Democrats hit 30-year high for House retirements  (Read 198 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats hit 30-year high for House retirements
« on: February 19, 2022, 01:12:47 pm »
Democrats hit 30-year high for House retirements 
By Cristina Marcos and Mike Lillis - 02/19/22 06:00 AM EST

The number of House Democrats not seeking reelection this year has hit a 30-year high — a bleak benchmark reflecting frustrations with the gridlock on Capitol Hill, the toxicity of relations between the parties and the challenges facing Democrats as they fight to keep their slim majority in the lower chamber.

Rep. Kathleen Rice’s (D-N.Y.) announcement this week that she won’t run again made her the 30th House Democrat to call it quits. That’s the most for the party since 1992, when 41 House Democrats decided to retire even as voters were sending their presidential nominee, Bill Clinton, to the White House.

It marks just the third time since 1978 that either party has seen at least 30 retirements in a single cycle, according to figures tallied by the non-partisan Brookings Institution. The last instance was just four years ago, in the 2018 midterms, when 34 House Republicans made for the exits. It was a grim sign of things to come: The GOP went on to lose 41 seats — and the House majority — in a Democratic wave widely viewed as a referendum on then-President Trump. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/594797-democrats-hit-30-year-high-for-house-retirements
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Democrats hit 30-year high for House retirements
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 01:21:50 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 07:12:19 pm »

I know we are all excited about the Rats leaving and Pubs winning a huge victory in Nov., but are we really winning anything?

Vote fraud is now easier than ever with States now establishing drop boxes as a part of the normal process.

Ranked choice voting is being established in States all over the country. A system in which the person with the most votes may not be declared the winner and the ultimate winner is determined by election officials behind closed doors.

Our border is open and millions of illegal immigrants are pouring through.

Individuals who work for the govt., or whose business is paid by govt. no longer control their own bodies.

Radical leftist judges keep getting appointed to the Fed. Courts.

Corporations that donate to the right individuals get special treatment, for example drug companies.

Don't get me wrong I want to see the Rats go, but if all we end up with are a bunch of old guard rinos where is the victory?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 07:32:37 pm »

Don't get me wrong I want to see the Rats go, but if all we end up with are a bunch of old guard rinos where is the victory?

Agree

It would a lost opportunity
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2022, 08:38:38 pm »
Just because a bunch of DCP disciples are retiring doesn't mean they are automatically going to be replaced with conservative republicants. They very well could be replaced with DCP disciples that are even farther left than the retirees. This is far from over.

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2022, 09:05:04 pm »
Agree

It would a lost opportunity

I remember the same set of events with the Tea Party. The Pubs didn't do anything they claimed they would.

The only difference I see this time is Trump.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022, 11:31:05 pm »
Clouds floated over with:
"They very well could be replaced with DCP disciples that are even farther left than the retirees. This is far from over."

Meet the new communists.
Same as the old communists.

Comrades, The Party does not change.
It... endures.