Author Topic: Ex-officer Kim Potter sentenced to 2 years in fatal shooting of Daunte Wright  (Read 337 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-officer Kim Potter sentenced to 2 years in fatal shooting of Daunte Wright
By Lexi Lonas - 02/18/22 12:03 PM EST

Former Brooklyn Center, Minn., police officer Kim Potter was sentenced Friday to two years in prison and supervised release for fatally shooting Daunte Wright in April 2021.

Potter's sentence includes 16 months in prison followed by eight months of supervised release after she was found guilty of first- and second-degree manslaughter in December.

The incident began when officers pulled over 20-year-old Wright for driving with an expired tag. The officers went to arrest him after discovering he had a warrant for his arrest.

As Wright struggled with officers, Potter yelled “taser” but pulled out her gun and shot him. Potter, who has said she mistakenly withdrew her gun instead of taser, was heard saying “I just shot him” in body camera footage.

Potter broke down on the stand in December, saying “I’m sorry” while she was questioned about the incident.

During Friday’s sentencing hearing, Potter said her “heart is broken” for Wright’s family and that she prays for them “many times a day.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/594891-ex-officer-kim-potter-sentenced-to-prison-in-fatal-shooting-of-daunte-wright
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BLM protests outside Minneapolis home of judge who choked up as she sentenced white killer cop Kim Potter to just 14 months in prison for the manslaughter of Daunte Wright

Black Lives Matter protesters gathered outside the home of Judge Regina Chu, who yesterday sentenced killer cop Kim Potter fourteen months in prison
    Potter, 49, was convicted of first and second-degree manslaughter for killing Daunte Wright, 20, when she shot him with her gun instead of her taser in April
    Wright's mother, Katie Wright, joined about 100 protesters in chanting the slain black man's name and 'No Justice, No Peace'
    Chu downgraded Potter's prison sentence from the state-recommended 7 years to just 14 months, saying the cop was 'trying to do the right thing'
    'I can guarantee that she can't do anything behind bars,' said one speaker. 'But once she's out... she's probably going to get a book deal'

By Christina Coulter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 16:00 EST, 19 February 2022 | Updated: 16:01 EST, 19 February 2022

Katie Wright (pictured center), Daunte Wright's mother, was among protesters outside Chu's home, belting 'No Justice, No Peace,' and a call-and-response chant of 'What's his name?' and 'Daunte Wright'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10530839/Protests-outside-home-judge-sentenced-Kim-Potter-14-months-killing-Daunte-Wright.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Potter's sentence includes 16 months in prison followed by eight months of supervised release after she was found guilty of first- and second-degree manslaughter in December.

I think this sentence is fair.  Although someone's going to have to explain how you can be guilty of two types of manslaughter.

BLM .... why don't they ever rally in Chicago?

Offline DB

I think this sentence is fair.  Although someone's going to have to explain how you can be guilty of two types of manslaughter.

Fair?

He was actively resisting police by using force while avoiding a lawful arrest. He used his vehicle as a weapon to do that.

This isn't the movies.

No tolerance for that.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
BLM .... why don't they ever rally in Chicago?
They might get shot there....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Fair?

He was actively resisting police by using force while avoiding a lawful arrest. He used his vehicle as a weapon to do that.

This isn't the movies.

No tolerance for that.

She made a mistake, and that mistake killed a man she only meant to subdue. She admits this.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect our police to draw the right weapon.

The DA's request for 7 years in prison was excessive.  The judge got it right.

Offline goatprairie

While Potter should not have been a police officer, she made an honest mistake with a person who was resisting arrest.
If Wright the dirtbag hadn't been resisting arrest, he might still be alive. Maybe. He looked like another hoodrat destined for a short lifespan.
I read the news from the TC every day. Every day it's the same thing in the black sections of the TC...shootings, stabbings, robberies, carjackings....virtually all committed by black thugs.
Even my liberal stepdaughters, who live in the burbs, are hesitant about setting foot in downtown Minneapolis. They admit that it's very dangerous to go there.
 My son-in-law, who has worked from home since the onset of the virus, doesn't want to go back to working in downtown Minny.
Thugs rule Minneapolis and St. Paul thanks to the craven lib mayors of those cities and the equally craven lib gov. who won't send in the NG for riots perpetrated by black and white BLM/Antifa thugs.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 06:41:35 pm by goatprairie »