Author Topic: Four Senate Republicans Fail to Show Up for Vote on Amendment Defunding Vaccine Mandates, Ensuring F  (Read 511 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Four Senate Republicans Fail to Show Up for Vote on Amendment Defunding Vaccine Mandates, Ensuring Failure

Sean Moran 17 Feb 2022

Four Senate Republicans failed to show up to vote on an amendment that would have defunded President Joe Biden’s remaining vaccine mandates, thus ensuring its failure.

The Senate voted on Sen. Mike Lee’s (R-UT) amendment to the continuing resolution (CR), which would defund Biden’s remaining vaccine mandates. The measure failed 46-47, with Sens. Mitt Romney (R-UT), Jim Inhofe (R-OK), Lindsey Graham (R-SC), and Richard Burr (R-NC) failing to show up, depriving Senate Republicans a potential majority to pass the amendment to the CR.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) set the vote threshold to a majority, and it remains possible that he could have set the threshold to 60 if Republicans had enough votes to pass with a majority; however, Democrats broke and voted to defund Biden’s private employer mandate the last time they voted on vaccine mandates. This could have put more pressure on Democrats to support the defunding of Biden’s vaccine mandates.

Lee said after the vote, sharing a video of his Senate floor speech demanding to defund the vaccine mandates:

https://twitter.com/SenMikeLee/status/1494448811959205896

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/17/four-senate-republicans-fail-to-show-up-for-vote-on-amendment-defunding-vaccine-mandates-ensuring-failure/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Cowards... they don't even have the guts to stand tall, they have to resort to sabotage...

Offline heelboy22

Burr don't care.  He's retiring!  HUGE disappointment! 9999hair out0000

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just enough defectors to fail.

The GOP needs to go, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Here are the 18 Republicans who voted for cloture to continue kicking the can down the road by extending Biden's current spending levels:

Barraso
Blunt
Capito
Cassidy
Collins
Cornyn
Haggerty
Hyde-Smith
Kennedy
McConnell
Moran
Murkowski
Portman
Rounds
Rubio
Shelby
Tillis
Wicker
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Romney and Graham have been servicing democrats on their knees for so long. why would it be a surprise to any one? ? ?
 22222frying pan :chairbang: 22222frying pan
 :shrug:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline DB

Republicans just give lip service to the constitution while the Democrats downright reject it.

Even if you give all three branches of government to the Republican's they will continue to do the same. Obamacare, the border, spending, you name it.

That doomsday clock got it all wrong. It isn't nuclear war that's going to destroy the world. It is our "leaders".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Four Senate Republicans Fail to Show Up for Vote on Amendment Defunding Vaccine Mandates, Ensuring Failure

Sean Moran 17 Feb 2022

Four Senate Republicans failed to show up to vote on an amendment that would have defunded President Joe Biden’s remaining vaccine mandates, thus ensuring its failure.

The Senate voted on Sen. Mike Lee’s (R-UT) amendment to the continuing resolution (CR), which would defund Biden’s remaining vaccine mandates. The measure failed 46-47, with Sens. Mitt Romney (R-UT), Jim Inhofe (R-OK), Lindsey Graham (R-SC), and Richard Burr (R-NC) failing to show up, depriving Senate Republicans a potential majority to pass the amendment to the CR.

@mystery-ak

Ok,ANYBODY surprised about this?

Mueller?

They continue to get away with these "Bait and switch" tactics because the majority of the voters (or at least the ones still alive) pay ZERO attention to politics until 30 days before the election,when the wimmins vote for the "cutest" candidate,and the males vote for the most serious looking candidate that just happens to have the "right" letter from the alphabet behind his or her name.

They don't have the first freaking clue as to the candidates actual voting history on anything.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Here are the 18 Republicans who voted for cloture to continue kicking the can down the road by extending Biden's current spending levels:

Barraso
Blunt
Capito
Cassidy
Collins
Cornyn
Haggerty
Hyde-Smith
Kennedy
McConnell
Moran
Murkowski
Portman
Rounds
Rubio
Shelby
Tillis
Wicker

@Hoodat

Kennedy is the only name on that list that surprises me,and that in only because I seem to only see pro-conservative mentions of him here on the GOPBR.

Anybody have any insights into why he voted for this?

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Summed up to ill informed morons and political stooges vote and so democrats always have a strong voter base.  The very people democrats piss on and refuse to represent are enough to get the democrats vote and keep them in office.
After a decade or two of turning against God, and playing lewinskys for Communists and Muslims, they really are dumb enough to not know how they got us to where we are.  None so blind as willful fools that refuse to see.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Hoodat

Kennedy is the only name on that list that surprises me,and that in only because I seem to only see pro-conservative mentions of him here on the GOPBR.

@Hoodat

Good question!

I'd like to know,too.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
@Hoodat

He's a regular on Hannity.  He only gets soft balls thrown at him though, so I don't expect an answer.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.