Author Topic: ‘The brand is so toxic’: Dems fear extinction in rural US  (Read 275 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘The brand is so toxic’: Dems fear extinction in rural US
« on: February 17, 2022, 02:59:06 pm »
‘The brand is so toxic’: Dems fear extinction in rural US
By STEVE PEOPLES

SMETHPORT, Pa. (AP) — Some Democrats here in rural Pennsylvania are afraid to tell you they’re Democrats.

The party’s brand is so toxic in the small towns 100 miles northeast of Pittsburgh that some liberals have removed bumper stickers and yard signs and refuse to acknowledge their party affiliation publicly. These Democrats are used to being outnumbered by the local Republican majority, but as their numbers continue to dwindle, the few that remain are feeling increasingly isolated and unwelcome in their own communities.

“The hatred for Democrats is just unbelievable,” said Tim Holohan, an accountant based in rural McKean County who recently encouraged his daughter to get rid of a pro-Joe Biden bumper sticker. “I feel like we’re on the run.”

The climate across rural Pennsylvania is symptomatic of a larger political problem threatening the Democratic Party ahead of the 2022 midterm elections. Beyond losing votes in virtually every election since 2008, Democrats have been effectively ostracized from many parts of rural America, leaving party leaders with few options to reverse a cultural trend that is redefining the nation’s political landscape.

more
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-elections-pennsylvania-lifestyle-election-2020-fc79679ef54d850c0245f96dac37456c
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: ‘The brand is so toxic’: Dems fear extinction in rural US
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 03:05:49 pm »
I thought Captain Obvious retired.......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 04:23:26 pm »
I thought Captain Obvious retired.......

Captains may retire, but legends never die.

My heart bleeds for these people.  They don't like the taste of what they've been dishing out for so long they don't even know they're doing it, so we need to ladle it out good and heavy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 04:27:37 pm »
There's always Vermont.  Although most of the inhabitants are morons from the city.  Why they were let in, I have no idea.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 04:44:57 pm »
I thought the Dems gave up on rural areas long ago.

City-slicker elitist Ivy League educated Dem donor class have disdain and disgust for their deplorable ignorant racist xenophobic homophobic slackjawed inbred drunken redneck confederate-flag-waving white-supremacist neo-Nazi hick church-going KKK-hooded compatriots, as they view them.

How could country rubes even be aware of how little Dems think of them?

Don't feel bad, cowpie-tossers.  The Dems also have the same feelings towards other traditional constituencies, such as pro-life Catholics, fossil fuel industry workers, blue collar workers, and ethnic and immigrant Catholic conservatives.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 05:39:27 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 04:49:52 pm »

My heart bleeds for these people.  They don't like the taste of what they've been dishing out for so long they don't even know they're doing it, so we need to ladle it out good and heavy.

:thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 04:51:47 pm »

With a shovel. And a tuba.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2022, 04:55:37 pm »
Vermont has many New York born trust fund babies.  They're urbanites who are slumming it in the country.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2022, 04:56:33 pm »
Vermont has many New York born trust fund babies.  They're urbanites who are slumming it in the country.

And NYC law firm partners, too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2022, 05:21:41 pm »
Democrats fear nothing.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2022, 05:25:54 pm »
Democrats fear nothing.

Only the stupid have no fear, so you are correct!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2022, 05:37:06 pm »
Only the stupid have no fear, so you are correct!

@Cyber Liberty    They're ideology driven, have stayed true to their 10 and 20 year plans, are fearlessly corrupt, and winning  --- if not already victorious.  What democrats are not is "stupid".

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2022, 05:54:26 pm »
@Cyber Liberty    They're ideology driven, have stayed true to their 10 and 20 year plans, are fearlessly corrupt, and winning  --- if not already victorious.  What democrats are not is "stupid".

They are if they fear nothing.
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2022, 05:56:31 pm »
Teacher's unions will gladly indoctrinate the next generation to save the party.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024