Author Topic: If Mayor Adams makes everything about race, it’s going to be a long four years  (Read 302 times)

Offline Kamaji

If Mayor Adams makes everything about race, it’s going to be a long four years

By Bob McManus
February 16, 2022

So Eric Adams, New York City’s newly elected black mayor, travels to Albany this week to ask the state Assembly’s black speaker and the Senate’s black majority leader to modify laws that are protecting the criminals who are murdering, maiming and robbing mostly black victims and is turned down without a hint of political camouflage.

And the problem is — white news reporters?

So says the mayor. “I’m a black man that’s the mayor but my story is being interpreted by people that don’t look like me,” he declared Tuesday, adding that if news coverage doesn’t soon meet his specifications, “I’m just going to come in and do my announcements and bounce.”

Well now. What to make of that?

Forty-six days must be a record for a rookie mayor to go all paranoid on the press — particularly since coverage of Adams generally has been anodyne, and often is adulatory.

That is, if there’s a skin problem here it’s that the mayor’s is too thin. And if Adams means to drag New York down a racial rabbit hole whenever he suffers a policy setback, it’s going to be an ugly four years.

And let’s not lose sight of this: If a diversity problem in fact exists, it may be closer to home than the mayor imagines. New York is a majority-minority city, true enough, but the largest minority is non-Hispanic white (32% compared to 24% black) — yet the mayor’s leadership appointments have gone overwhelmingly to non-whites.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/02/16/if-mayor-adams-makes-everything-about-race-its-going-to-be-a-long-four-years/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
David Dinkins 2.0.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

David Dinkins 2.0.

It's pretty much looking like it so far.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Rudy's gone.
He (and the likes of him) won't be back.
New York is "on the road to Baltimore"...