Author Topic: Biden orders Trump visitor logs turned over to Jan. 6 panel  (Read 317 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden orders Trump visitor logs turned over to Jan. 6 panel
« on: February 16, 2022, 02:31:53 pm »
Biden orders Trump visitor logs turned over to Jan. 6 panel
By Morgan Chalfant - 02/16/22 07:23 AM EST

President Biden is rejecting former President Trump’s claim of executive privilege over Trump-era White House visitor logs, ordering the National Archives to turn the documents over to the congressional panel investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

White House counsel Dana Remus sent a letter to U.S. archivist David Ferriero dated Tuesday spelling out the White House’s view and ordering the documents turned over to the committee within 15 days “unless prohibited by court order.”

The letter, a copy of which was obtained by The Hill, reiterates that the White House believes Congress “has a compelling need in service of its legislative functions” for the documents to understand circumstances leading up to “the most serious attack on the operations of the Federal Government since the Civil War.”

“The President has determined that an assertion of executive privilege is not in the best interests of the United States, and therefore is not justified, as to these records and portions of records,” Remus wrote.

Remus also noted that the White House’s current policy is to release visitor logs for transparency, a practice that was stopped under the Trump administration.

“The majority of the entries over which the former President has asserted executive privilege would be publicly released under current policy,” Remus wrote.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/594469-biden-rejects-trump-executive-privilege-claim-orders-visitor-logs
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Biden orders Trump visitor logs turned over to Jan. 6 panel
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 04:58:45 pm »
Well then considering Joe's actions, when can the American public expect to see the visitor logs from his many many escapes to Delaware?

Online rustynail

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 05:28:14 pm »
What goes around comes around?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 05:41:10 pm »
Well then considering Joe's actions, when can the American public expect to see the visitor logs from his many many escapes to Delaware?

That is precisely why he goes to Delaware so often - no logs - the logs in question are from the White House itself.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 05:42:15 pm »
I'd like to drop a few logs off at the J6 Panel too..... :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 02:09:21 am »
That is precisely why he goes to Delaware so often - no logs - the logs in question are from the White House itself.
Oh I'm sure there are logs from Delaware, no way the SS isn't going to keep track of comes and goes to see POTUS, even a an Alzheimer addled POTUS like Brandon.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 05:13:50 am »
Oh I'm sure there are logs from Delaware, no way the SS isn't going to keep track of comes and goes to see POTUS, even a an Alzheimer addled POTUS like Brandon.

There may be logs, but they don't have to be turned over the way that logs of visitors to the White House have to be turned over.