Author Topic: Prices Soar Twice as Fast as Expected  (Read 326 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Prices Soar Twice as Fast as Expected
« on: February 15, 2022, 02:12:22 pm »
Prices Soar Twice as Fast as Expected

John Carney 15 Feb 2022

Prices jumped one percent in January, far more than expected, data from the Department of Labor showed Tuesday.

The Producer Price Index, which measures what businesses are paid for goods and services, rose by one percent in January, twice what economists were expecting. Compared with January of 2021, the index is up 9.7 percent, down slightly from the 9.8 percent year-over-year gain recorded for December.

Excluding food, energy, and trade services, prices rose 0.4 percent from December. They were up 6.9 percent compared with January of 2021, matching the December gain.

Economists had expected prices to rise by 0.5 percent on a monthly basis and 9.2 percent annually.

December’s inflation was revised higher. Initially reported as a 0.2 percent gain on a monthly basis and 9.7 percent annually, the Department of Labor said on Tuesday that prices in December rose 0.4 percent compared with the prior month and 9.8 percent compared with 12-months earlier.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/02/15/ppi-january/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Prices Soar Twice as Fast as Expected
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 02:55:03 pm »
So, the experts were wrong and stupid, again?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 04:14:17 pm »
Another Disastrous Inflation Report Shows Prices Set to Keep Spiking
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2022/02/15/consumer-price-index-n2603268
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 04:15:56 pm »
We may be looking at several years of rising inflation. And it doesn’t help that we have an administration that believes more spending is the answer and choking off our energy supply is a good idea
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline rustynail

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 04:39:53 pm »
Good thing we got COLAs and pay raises.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 05:09:32 pm »
All this single digit inflation stuff is bullshit.  At this exact moment we are more likely in the 15-17% range and accelerating higher.

Biden and his clown car are lying their asses off.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2022, 05:10:17 pm »
So, the experts were wrong and stupid, again?

Transitory....    :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2022, 04:26:07 pm »
The fed is still purchasing bonds after their absurd monetary expansion of 2020-21.  The economy is growing maybe half as fast as the money supply.  Not sure how prices can go anywhere but up through the medium term.

Online catfish1957

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2022, 04:28:35 pm »
The fed is still purchasing bonds after their absurd monetary expansion of 2020-21.  The economy is growing maybe half as fast as the money supply.  Not sure how prices can go anywhere but up through the medium term.