Author Topic: Study: Vitamin D Deficiency Linked to Severe COVID  (Read 383 times)

Offline Hoodat

Study: Vitamin D Deficiency Linked to Severe COVID
« on: February 15, 2022, 06:49:40 am »
Study: Vitamin D Deficiency Linked to Severe COVID

Carolyn Crist   |   Feb. 8, 2022

People with a vitamin D deficiency are more likely to have a severe or critical case of COVID-19, according to a new study published in the journal PLOS ONE.

The study is based on data from Israel’s first two coronavirus waves before vaccines were widely available. The scientists stressed that vitamin supplements aren’t a substitute for vaccines but that they can help immunity levels.

“We found it remarkable, and striking, to see the difference in the chances of becoming a severe patient when you are lacking in vitamin D compared to when you’re not,” Amiel Dror, MD, the lead study author and a doctor at Galilee Medical Center, told The Times of Israel.

Although the study was conducted before the Omicron variant, he said, the coronavirus hasn’t changed enough to negate the effectiveness of vitamin D.

“What we’re seeing when vitamin D helps people with COVID infections is a result of its effectiveness in bolstering the immune systems to deal with viral pathogens that attack the respiratory system,” he said. “This is equally relevant for Omicron as it was for previous variants.”

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20220208/vitamin-d-deficiency-tied-to-severe-covid

I seem to recall a number of doctors saying this exact same thing way back in early 2020, only to find themselves censored by Facebook, Twitter, etc, and ignored by the MSM.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Study: Vitamin D Deficiency Linked to Severe COVID
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 06:52:29 am »
I seem to recall a number of doctors saying this exact same thing way back in early 2020, only to find themselves censored by Facebook, Twitter, etc, and ignored by the MSM.

Any treatment that would mitigate the effects of the virus prior to hospital admission was suppressed.

I haven't seen such a thirst for a body count since the Vietnam War, but those were enemy bodies being counted then.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 10:36:13 am »
Bookmark.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 10:51:00 am »
Several months ago, inside a COSTCO, I witnessed an elderly Chinese couple filling their cart with DOZENS of bottles of Vitamin D...wondered WTF they were doing.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 06:21:29 pm »
Several months ago, inside a COSTCO, I witnessed an elderly Chinese couple filling their cart with DOZENS of bottles of Vitamin D...wondered WTF they were doing.
Sheesh. If they were pill supplements, they're pretty much worthless.

I do take a liquid supplement, and drink milk fortified with the stuff. Just keep your mineral intake up as well since you get too far out of balance, you'll deplete the other stuff.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024