Author Topic: LA sheriff is stripped of power after he defied county mandate to make his staff get vaccinated  (Read 617 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LA sheriff is stripped of power after he defied county mandate to make his staff get vaccinated
February 14, 2022 | Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors voted to strip Sheriff Alex Villanueva of his power to enforce vaccine mandates last week after refusing to force his officers and staff to get the jab because he feared they would leave their jobs over the issue.

The Los Angeles Times reported that the decision by the board came after Villanueva refused for months to enforce the suppressive mandate.

“No, I am not forcing anyone, the issue has become so politicized there are entire groups of employees that are willing to be fired and laid off rather than get vaccinated,” he said during a Facebook Live stream in October.

“I don’t want to be in a position to lose 5 to 10% of my workforce overnight on a vaccine mandate,” the sheriff contended.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/02/14/la-sheriff-is-stripped-of-power-after-he-defied-county-mandate-to-make-his-staff-get-vaccinated-1200934/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The sheriff of course is right.

He would lose competent officers who would be replaced by less competent officers and why?

For no reason whatsoever.

Great way to keep crime under control in LA?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EdinVA

Odd... the Sheriff is an elected official and does not work for the county board so I don't see how the board has any authority on this....

Offline Hoodat

Odd... the Sheriff is an elected official and does not work for the county board so I don't see how the board has any authority on this....

Clearly, you don't understand how fascism works.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Legitimately, in a sane world, they would only be able to withhold funding. The Sheriff is an elected official, answerable to the voters. Time to start investigating the board...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis