Author Topic: Grim signs that China is manipulating the Olympic competition  (Read 143 times)

Online Kamaji

Grim signs that China is manipulating the Olympic competition
« on: February 12, 2022, 11:15:50 pm »
Grim signs that China is manipulating the Olympic competition

By Post Editorial Board   
February 11, 2022

Incompetence or malevolence? Olympic athletes are getting the full Communist China experience: barely enough food, and substandard at that, inhumane living conditions, absurd isolation rules and threats of punishment for speaking too freely.

German Alpine skiing coach Christian Schwaiger highlighted the fact that the “extremely questionable” food options aren’t enough to fuel high-performing athletes: “There are no hot meals. . . . There are crisps, some nuts and chocolate and nothing else. This shows a lack of focus on high-performance sport.”

In a since-deleted Instagram post, Russian biathlete Valeria Vasnetsova posted a photo of the food she was served in quarantine: plain pasta, charred meat and no vegetables.

“My stomach hurts, I’m very pale and I have huge black circles around my eyes. I want all this to end. I cry every day. I’m very tired,” she wrote, noting it’s the same meal for “breakfast, lunch and dinner for five days already. My bones are already sticking out.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/02/11/grim-signs-that-china-is-manipulating-the-olympic-competition/