Author Topic: Now even the steaks are being locked up! Florida Walmart is securing $20 ribeyes with mesh wiring an  (Read 430 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Now even the steaks are being locked up! Florida Walmart is securing $20 ribeyes with mesh wiring and electronic security tag to prevent theft - as crime soars nationally

Michael Fromhold, from Florida, was stunned when he noticed that the meat at his local Walmart had been locked up to prevent people from stealing it
    Michael took a video of it and shared it to TikTok where it quickly went viral, gaining more than four million views in a matter of days
    The video, which showed the Angus beef wrapped in chains with an electronic security tag, comes amid growing concern about crime rates across the country
    Michael's clip lead some viewers to lament the fact that such measures have become necessary, while others called out rising crime rates in the US
    According to FBI data, there were a total of 1.3 million violent offenses reported in America during 2020 - a five per cent increase from 2019

By Lillian Gissen For Dailymail.Com

Published: 16:58 EST, 11 February 2022 | Updated: 02:08 EST, 12 February 2022

Walmart has started securing high-priced steaks inside locked metal cages amid rising crime rates across the U.S., a new viral video has revealed.

Michael Fromhold, from Florida, was stunned when he noticed that the meat at his local Walmart had been locked up in what appears to be a rather dramatic attempt to prevent people from stealing it.

Michael took a video of it and shared it to TikTok where it quickly went viral - gaining more than four million views in a matter of days - and the clip lead some viewers to lament the fact that such measures have become necessary.

The video, which showed the Angus beef wrapped in chains with an electronic security tag, comes amid growing concern about the rising crime rates across the country - something that Michael quickly lamented in his post.

'You gotta be kidding me,' Michael began in the video, as he held up the protected meat. 'Walmart now has the steak locked up. Holy s**t it's come to this. This is getting bad.'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10503817/Walmart-stashes-20-rib-eye-steaks-metal-cages-amid-rising-crime-rates-U-S.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Wouldn't just be easier and cheaper for the store to just store the steaks in the back out of view, and have the customer ring for service?

Just asking....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Wouldn't just be easier and cheaper for the store to just store the steaks in the back out of view, and have the customer ring for service?

Just asking....

Bring back the butcher case and end the self serve.  Just like the old days,
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If it's not bolted down or placed behind locked glass, looks to me like someone could pick that package up -- wiring and all -- and STILL walk out with it, alarm notwithstanding.

They'll just use boltcutters or wire cutters to "break into it" later on...

Online Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
I think the wire mesh is just to hamper the removal of the real deterrent on the right side...the RFID/NFC chip device that sets off the alarms at the exit door.

Online Kamaji

I think the wire mesh is just to hamper the removal of the real deterrent on the right side...the RFID/NFC chip device that sets off the alarms at the exit door.

Also to prevent the package from being opened in the store and the meat being transferred to some other container that doesn't contain the RFID.

Offline art.prout

Hi "Drago!"

How is your "real world" treatin' ya?

:rolling: