Author Topic: U.S. confirms highly pathogenic bird flu at Indiana turkey farm; 29,000 animals culled  (Read 442 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Strange Sounds 2/11/2022

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) reported an outbreak of highly pathogenic avian flu in an Indiana turkey flock on Wednesday, the nation’s first case in a commercial poultry operation since 2020.

The outbreak brought swift reaction from importers seeking to limit the spread of the bird flu. China and Korea blocked non-heated poultry meat from Indiana, while Taiwan restricted poultry meat and egg products from the state, the USDA said on its website.

Indiana said the strain of the virus was H5N1 and it was the state’s first case of highly pathogenic bird flu in commercial poultry since 2016, when 400,000 birds were killed. The H5N1 strain has also been found in wild birds along the U.S. East Coast and has caused a wave of outbreaks in poultry across Europe and Asia.

More: https://strangesounds.org/2022/02/u-s-confirms-highly-pathogenic-bird-flu-at-indiana-turkey-farm-29000-animals-culled.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And awaaaaay we GO!

It's time for another panicpalooza!

The last one is wearing thin.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And awaaaaay we GO!

It's time for another panicpalooza!

The last one is wearing thin.
Currently, HPAI Asian H5N1 virus does not transmit efficiently from person to person. Some cases of limited, non-sustained human-to-human transmission have likely occurred.

Currently on the CDC site is this about HN51, but I wonder how long before they change it to something more frightening or the 'science' people in Chiner(as Trump would say) readjust it in a more weaponized form. Of course if all it does is decimate Americas poultry industry our enemies, foreign and domestic will be quite pleased.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Currently, HPAI Asian H5N1 virus does not transmit efficiently from person to person. Some cases of limited, non-sustained human-to-human transmission have likely occurred.

Currently on the CDC site is this about HN51, but I wonder how long before they change it to something more frightening or the 'science' people in Chiner(as Trump would say) readjust it in a more weaponized form. Of course if all it does is decimate Americas poultry industry our enemies, foreign and domestic will be quite pleased.
Regardless of whether it can infect humans, (or whether, in fact, an anti-human bioweapon is being or has been developed) I think the Media will do their best to foment panic in any way they can.

Even scare buying of poultry products, further exacerbating the inflationary pressure on the average household and making supply chain issues worse would serve CCP goals.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Samples were sent to Wuhan, China, for further "evaluation".

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Regardless of whether it can infect humans, (or whether, in fact, an anti-human bioweapon is being or has been developed) I think the Media will do their best to foment panic in any way they can.

Even scare buying of poultry products, further exacerbating the inflationary pressure on the average household and making supply chain issues worse would serve CCP goals.
And this is I think the whole reason behind it, take the last reasonably priced item out of American's kitchens. Beef is soaring as is pork so now the hammer is being dropped on chicken, could it be that our masters(so they believe) in Washington are hoping to drive Americans to seek more 'help' from those that created the problem to begin with?