Author Topic: Truck Drivers Are the Atlas that Finally Shrugged  (Read 414 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Truck Drivers Are the Atlas that Finally Shrugged
« on: February 11, 2022, 09:02:32 pm »
Try to live without the World Turners, those sneered at by America’s left-wing elite, by the CNNs and "Morning Joes" and NPR — the working class. Try to imagine your life without mechanics, farmers, coal miners, oil drillers, plumbers, roofers, electricians, pest control, the people who stock the shelves, who make our steel, police our streets, put out our fires, pave our roads, dig our ditches, haul our garbage, and plow the snow. Within a month, our world stops turning. Within six months, welcome to dystopia. Within a year, we’re eating one another.

Fine article, Worth a read.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/11/nolte-truck-drivers-are-the-atlas-that-finally-shrugged/

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Truck Drivers Are the Atlas that Finally Shrugged
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 09:21:27 pm »
At least 3 US/Canada Ports are blocked by trucks.  One of them is the Ambassador Bridge between Detroit and Windsor, Ontario.  It's privately owned, recently expanded and moves between 25 and 30% of goods between the two countries.  Nothing at all is moving over that bridge today. 

Galt's Gulch runs long and deep.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 09:23:49 pm »
At least 3 US/Canada Ports are blocked by trucks.  One of them is the Ambassador Bridge between Detroit and Windsor, Ontario.  It's privately owned, recently expanded and moves between 25 and 30% of goods between the two countries.  Nothing at all is moving over that bridge today. 

Galt's Gulch runs long and deep.

:thumbsup:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 11:48:29 pm »
By the way, if you don't want to read the book again, the "Atlas Shrugged" film Trilogy is worth the time.

Can be "dug up on the net" if you're not afraid to pick up the shovel and start "diggin'".
Be sure to scrounge around for 1080p copies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 12:21:51 am »
FTA

And never forget that unlike the Brownshirts in Black Lives Matter and Antifa, these men are laying something on the line, something real. These are working people, not professional activists, criminals, and students. These men have families, mortgages, a nut to crack every month. But they’re still out there without the burning and looting that define the modern left. The risks are also real —  crippling fines, imprisonment, truck confiscation, a fascist state eager for violence — but their cause is the most righteous of causes in the history of man: the right to be left alone.

Who is John Galt?

Now we know.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 12:22:48 am »
Great article.  Thanks for posting @Wingnut    :beer:

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 12:25:05 am »
We need truck drivers a whole lot more than they need us, and they know it. The leverage they hold over our society has always been there, but because truck drivers are men and not babies, they don’t use it. Instead, they just go about the business of going about their business. But if you don’t allow them to go about their business…

Guys like this, guys who just want to be left alone, those are the last guys you want to push around to the point where they push back.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 12:35:17 am »
Great article.  Thanks for posting @Wingnut    :beer:

@Wingnut   @Right_in_Virginia

I'll second that emotion!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Kamaji

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2022, 12:40:16 am »

And still, despite their necessity and the value they add to our lives, everything our useless elites despise can be found in the person of a truck driver, for they are the modern-day cowboy: the rugged and resourceful individualists doing the dangerous, difficult, skilled, and tedious work of keeping us fed and absurdly comfortable.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ironhorsedriver

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2022, 11:32:43 am »
Excellent, fascinating read.

Online LMAO

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2022, 01:14:07 pm »
@Wingnut   @Right_in_Virginia

I'll second that emotion!   :beer:

Same. Excellent article.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2022, 01:39:06 pm »
Same. Excellent article.

Best read of what the hell is going on that I have seen in several months.  Good enough, and note worthy enoughed, I've bookmarked.

This really does have an Atlas Shrugged feel to it. I know I am prepped for it.   What I am wondering is since this movement has pretty much gone international, what will happen when one zealous tyrant decides to take one of these Truckers out.  With this many people, on this many fronts?  I'd say the likelyhood is pretty significant. 

What will be the response?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2022, 02:11:30 pm »
What I am wondering is since this movement has pretty much gone international, what will happen when one zealous tyrant decides to take one of these Truckers out.
Trudeau already has snipers in place, as I noted on the thread in the World News category devoted to this subject. It won't be pretty.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2022, 11:43:18 pm »
mountaineer wrote:
"Trudeau already has snipers in place, as I noted on the thread in the World News category devoted to this subject. It won't be pretty."

I wonder how many of those Canadian truckers have a long gun packed away in their rigs, somewhere, hidden deep...?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2022, 11:47:07 pm »
mountaineer wrote:
"Trudeau already has snipers in place, as I noted on the thread in the World News category devoted to this subject. It won't be pretty."

I wonder how many of those Canadian truckers have a long gun packed away in their rigs, somewhere, hidden deep...?

All of them?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2022, 11:51:31 pm »
Trudeau already has snipers in place, as I noted on the thread in the World News category devoted to this subject. It won't be pretty.

:facepalm2: