Author Topic: Florida Legislature Blocks DeSantis’ Redistricted Map, Proposes Inferior Map  (Read 670 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Florida Legislature Blocks DeSantis’ Redistricted Map, Proposes Inferior Map

Wendell Husebø 11 Feb 2022

The Republican-controlled Florida legislature on Thursday opposed Gov. Ron DeSantis’ (R) redistricted map that would have advantaged Republicans in the November midterms.

After Florida’s Supreme Court did not render a helpful advisory opinion on DeSantis’s proposed 20-8 redistricted map, the establishment Republican leaders of the Florida legislature, House Speaker Chris Sprowls (R) and President of the Senate Wilton Simpson (R), immediately put forward a subpar map that hands Democrats two more seats (18-10).

DeSantis’s spokeswoman Taryn Fenske told the Washington Post that state Republicans were “hopeful the Supreme Court would provide clarity to legal questions surrounding the maps,” but in the wake of a non-opinion, DeSantis will consider the legislature’s weaker map.

The legislature’s proposal keeps Rep. Al Lawson’s (D) district in North Florida while also being less aggressive in Central Florida:

https://twitter.com/MappingFL/status/1491893516124889089

more
https://www.breitbart.com/midterm-election/2022/02/11/florida-legislature-block-desantis-redistricted-map-proposes-inferior-map/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

We can't win for fighting ourselves.  Good Lord, what are these idiots doing?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
We can't win for fighting ourselves.  Good Lord, what are these idiots doing?

Has it ever occurred to you @Kamaji that there are many Republicans who do not want to win?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Has it ever occurred to you @Kamaji that there are many Republicans who do not want to win?

Why would they not want to?

Personally, I think too many of them have an inflated sense of self, and a quaint, no-longer-valid belief that if they just play fairly enough with their opponents, their opponents will play fairly back with them.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Personally, I think too many of them have an inflated sense of self, and a quaint, no-longer-valid belief that if they just play fairly enough with their opponents, their opponents will play fairly back with them.

*hmmmm*  I think our disconnect here may be in our definitions of "Win".

Of course, they ALL want to get elected but they definitely do not want to foment any REAL change to anything to do with government.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 07:33:00 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

*hmmmm*  I think our disconnect here may be in our definitions of "Win".

Of course, they ALL want to get elected but they definitely do not want to foment any REAL change to anything to do with government.

Reducing the number of GOP districts is not "winning" by any stretch of the word.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

They're fine with losing the majorities in both Houses of Congress, just so long as they get to keep their personal sinecures.  It's all the RINOs care about.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline cato potatoe

What seemed a sure bet is slipping away.  We may lose Senate seats, while the Pelosi runs the House indefinitely. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
DeSantis had better start twisting some arms down there.
How badly does he want to be re-elected?
He's gonna have to fight as hard this time... as he did last time.

Offline Kamaji

What seemed a sure bet is slipping away.  We may lose Senate seats, while the Pelosi runs the House indefinitely. 

It seems that way.