Author Topic: Thought you were a $60m Hollywood megastar? Alec Baldwin is mistaken for 'hobo' by bemused residents  (Read 241 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Daily Mail by Joanna Crawley and Jason Chester 2/9/2022

Thought you were a $60m Hollywood megastar? Alec Baldwin is mistaken for 'hobo' by bemused residents of Hampshire town as he's spotted at kebab shop and Co-op supermarket

Alec Baldwin was a surprise VIP visitor to the quiet Hampshire town of Alton over the weekend.

The Hollywood actor, who is worth $60m, is shooting his upcoming movie 97 minutes in the UK countryside, and residents of quaint market town Alton couldn't believe their eyes when they saw the star checking out the local kebab shop and Co-op supermarket.     

The beleaguered actor, 63, is rebuilding his reputation in unlikely surroundings, staying in a £95 a night hotel while reflecting on small-town living in a series of rambling Instagram videos.

Baldwin's UK trip got off to an inauspicious start, with the actor admitting his vehicle had been stolen in a rambling video shared to Instagram on Saturday - little more than a day after arriving.

He told followers: 'I'm gonna go ahead and record this because I think it's funny…

'I get to the airport. I fly on a sleeper flight, and I get to the airport and I get through the immigration. I get my bags I'm heading to the car that's gonna drive me to where I'm going.

In his self-confessed 'bad' British accent, he continued: 'And the driver says, 'Yeah, we're gonna go to the car park.'

'I call and the guy and he says, 'I'm not your driver, I'm the owner of the company and your driver, I've been on the phone with him the past few minutes and he tells me your car has been stolen from the car park.'

More: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10493289/Alec-Baldwin-mistaken-hobo-bemused-residents-Hampshire-town.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4XxPrUR3tc