Author Topic: Here's where prices rose and fell the most over last year  (Read 197 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here's where prices rose and fell the most over last year
« on: February 10, 2022, 10:28:51 pm »
Here's where prices rose and fell the most over last year
By Mychael Schnell - 02/10/22 03:06 PM EST

Inflation is continuing its steady rise in the U.S., creating political problems for President Biden and frustrations for families at the cash register.

Consumer prices increased by 7.5 percent annually in the year ending last month, marking the fastest rate since February 1982.

The U.S. has observed elevated levels of inflation since the middle of last year as the country recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic — a steep increase in demand coinciding with low supply, labor shortages, shipping bottlenecks and other pandemic-related complications.

Here's a look at where prices have gone up or down over the last year, according to the Labor Department’s latest report.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/593704-heres-where-prices-rose-and-fell-the-most-over-last-year
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: Here's where prices rose and fell the most over last year
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 11:10:03 pm »

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/593704-heres-where-prices-rose-and-fell-the-most-over-last-year

CPI for fuel rose 40%....   that's a number that absolutely can not be candy coated and hid.  Considering hydrocarbon base is a significant cost for running a business fuel wise, and. base feed stocks, do these idiots think almost of that cost was absorbed by producers of said products.   These liars must think we are freakin' idiots....

I will repeat...  all my data and experience shows that the TRUE inflation rate is somewhere between 11-17%.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Here's where prices rose and fell the most over last year
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 11:18:20 pm »
CPI for fuel rose 40%....   that's a number that absolutely can not be candy coated and hid.  Considering hydrocarbon base is a significant cost for running a business fuel wise, and. base feed stocks, do these idiots think almost of that cost was absorbed by producers of said products.   These liars must think we are freakin' idiots....

I will repeat...  all my data and experience shows that the TRUE inflation rate is somewhere between 11-17%.
Those liars ARE freaking idiots, and they are dumb enough to think we're all dumber..

They left out the used vehicle market, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis