Author Topic: Beto says he isn't 'interested' in 'taking' guns 'from anyone,' wants to defend Second Amendment  (Read 690 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Paddy O'Rourke is singing a different tune as the primary approaches!

O'Rourke stood by his 2019 pledge to take guns away last November
By Andrew Mark Miller | Fox News

Texas Democratic gubernatorial candidate Beto O’Rourke appeared to back off his 2019 statement that "hell yes" he intends to take guns away from citizens if elected to office.

"I’m not interested in taking anything from anyone," O’Rourke told reporters in Tyler, Texas on Tuesday, according to KLTV. "What I want to make sure that we do is defend the Second Amendment."

While running for president in 2020, O’Rourke famously pledged to take guns away from American citizens if elected president.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beto-says-he-isnt-interested-taking-anything-from-anyone-defend-second-amendment
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

O'Rourke is a lying POS.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Uh,huh.

Pull my finger.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
 :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

It took Beto's crack staff (or crack smoking staff) this long to figure this out as far as making him electable?  I hope the GOP runs that debate comment 24/7 in a campaign ad.

He won't survive it, as at least 60% understand he is a liberal lying POS, and has no business running for anything outside the jurisdiction of a liberal hell hole.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 06:41:17 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

That's not what Nancy Pelosi has said.  The Dems are coming for our guns, our BBQ grills, and our bacon double cheeseburgers.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Only one word is necessary in response:  Liar.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

Truth!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Truth!

@berdie

Nope!

He is telling the truth. HE is a punk,and has zero interest in coming after anyone's guns.

He plans on sending the cops and the BATF to come after the guns.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No one believes him.  None.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
With the record of this guy's past behavior, what tradtional-minded Texan would trust him for a minute? For... a second...?