Author Topic: Consumer Prices Explode 7.5% Higher, Worst Inflation in 40 Years  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Consumer Prices Explode 7.5% Higher, Worst Inflation in 40 Years
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2022, 03:53:02 pm »
Election Wizard
@ElectionWiz

Well, on the bright side, at least consumer inflation in the U.S. is not as bad as inflation in Venezuela...yet.

9:35 AM · Feb 10, 2022   Twitter Web App

"Yet" is right!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2022, 04:22:43 pm »
Election Wizard
@ElectionWiz

Well, on the bright side, at least consumer inflation in the U.S. is not as bad as inflation in Venezuela...yet.

9:35 AM · Feb 10, 2022   Twitter Web App

@Right_in_Virginia

"We are number 7!"

"We are number 7!"

Too soon?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2022, 04:32:34 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

"We are number 7!"

"We are number 7!"

Too soon?

See my post earlier.  We really are number 4.  The Bidenflation numbers are incessant lies.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2022, 04:37:44 pm »
I, too, survived the Jimmy Carter years ... good times:

- stagflation
- malaise
- Iranian hostage crisis
- Soviet invasion of Afghanistan
- Iranian oil embargo
- Three Mile Island nuclear accident
- failed rescue of Iranian hostages
- milk shortage (had to drink powdered milk)
- brother, Billy Carter, did business with Momar Quadafi
- SkyLab fell back to Earth
- boycott of the 1980 Moscow Summer Olympics
- Sandinistas took over Nicaragua

... Joe has done a phenominal job of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in his first year.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2022, 04:40:01 pm »
"Inflation soars, and not just for Food & Energy.   See the data on Rents vaulting higher. Biden crushes prosperity, especially for middle and lower income Americans…"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/CortesSteve/status/1491773814044303365

@Right_in_Virginia

Well,that IS the plan,is it not? Create a majority class of citizens who are totally dependent on the goobermint for EVERYTHING from food,to water,to housing,then slowly take that away from them and blame "the greedy rich" in order to create the revolution they need to take total control.

There ain't a single thing new about this. Ask the people of the former USSR or the current population of Venezuela if you don't believe me.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2022, 04:41:54 pm »
At least Carter was a tolerable man.

@debrawiest

Compared to what?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2022, 04:46:32 pm »

- stagflation
- malaise
- Iranian hostage crisis
- Soviet invasion of Afghanistan
- Iranian oil embargo
- Three Mile Island nuclear accident
- failed rescue of Iranian hostages
- milk shortage (had to drink powdered milk)
- brother, Billy Carter, did business with Momar Quadafi
- boycott of the 1980 Moscow Summer Olympics
- Sandinistas took over Nicaragua

... Joe has done a phenominal job of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in his first year.

Billy!!  Remember good old Billy Beer?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2022, 04:46:58 pm »

Great memories there.  I was in graduate school at the time and our dorm had a huge jungle juice parking lot party celebrating the crash.  Everyone wore hard hats with bullseye targets on top.  What a blast.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2022, 04:53:07 pm »
Jimmy Carter may have been a tolerable man, but what he put this country through was intolerable.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2022, 04:56:55 pm »
Great memories there.  I was in graduate school at the time and our dorm had a huge jungle juice parking lot party celebrating the crash.  Everyone wore hard hats with bullseye targets on top.  What a blast.

Us too!  Had a huge kegger out in the woods at our version of the Moon Tower!  It was an epic blow out!  We still talk about it. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2022, 05:01:57 pm »
At least Carter was a tolerable man.

Carter was a horribly petty micromanager and a racist POS.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2022, 05:04:54 pm »
Jimmy Carter may have been a tolerable man, but what he put this country through was intolerable.

:thumbsup:

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2022, 05:17:02 pm »
Us too!  Had a huge kegger out in the woods at our version of the Moon Tower!  It was an epic blow out!  We still talk about it.

Jungle Juice= every white liquor you could get your hands on (except tequila) The higher proof the better to a industrial cooler.  Add Hawaiian punch mix, water, and ice. 

Thing packed a wallop.  Good reason it was called punch.

:beer:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2022, 06:09:56 pm »
WH Economic Adviser Bernstein: ‘I Expect Inflation to Come Down Significantly in 2022’

Trent Baker 10 Feb 2022

White House Council of Economic Advisers member Jared Bernstein on Thursday predicted the 40-year high inflation rates in the United States would “come down significantly in 2022.”

Bernstein told CNN’s “At This Hour” that the economic outlook from the January consumer price index is not as “grim” as it appears.

“The president has two top economic priorities,” Bernstein outlined. “One is to make sure that we have the fastest growing economy, the tightest job market, offering great opportunities for any comers who want to come into this job market. The second is to do all we can to ameliorate these price pressures. Now, there is some light in this report under the hood. It’s not quite as grim as your reporting suggests.”

“I expect inflation to come down significantly in 2022,” he added. “Now, more to the point, that’s not just my expectation — that’s the expectation of every forecast I’ve looked at, and it’s very important. Basically, what the forecasts tell you is that the job market should stay tight and get even tighter supporting wage growth while inflation decelerates while it slows. So, virtually every forecast has inflation growing about half as fast this year as it did last year. Now half as fast still might take you above the Fed’s target, but if that occurs, that’s going to be a real sign that some of our interventions, some market interventions are helping to ease these price pressures.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/02/10/wh-economic-adviser-bernstein-i-expect-inflation-to-come-down-significantly-in-2022/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2022, 06:17:21 pm »
WH Economic Adviser Bernstein: ‘I Expect Inflation to Come Down Significantly in 2022’

Every single financial indicator I am aware of highly disputes this.  Bidenflation is a runaway train, with no sign of abatement.

Furthermore, every factor he cites in his statment inflames inflation, not reduces it.  Seriously, are these people using government subsidized Crack Pipes?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2022, 06:22:15 pm »
Bernstein.  Wasn't this the guy who said inflation was only transitory many months ago?

I wonder if was AOC's Economics Prof.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2022, 06:29:26 pm »
@debrawiest

Compared to what?

Compared to Biden. I could probably have a conversation with Carter. I would feel safe having my two granddaughters in the same room as Carter.
Biden, no way.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 06:30:30 pm by debrawiest »
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2022, 06:31:24 pm »

True. But his incompetence brought us Ronald Reagan.  happy77

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2022, 06:31:55 pm »
... only if energy prices come down.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2022, 06:36:09 pm »
True. But his incompetence brought us Ronald Reagan.  happy77

What will Biden's incompetence bring us?  We are all out of Reagan types.

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2022, 06:38:01 pm »
... only if energy prices come down.

As a retiree from that industry, I can safely say that since Biden killed any incentive to increase production, the delta between supply and consumption are going to continue to widen.  That means the price of crude and NG are going to continue to increase.  I've heard doomsdayers claim it will might hit $150/BBl.  I think consumption will almost on an emergecy basis drop before we see than kind of run up.

Still, everything in our economy pivots on energy, be it fuel or product feedstock. When the 1st XL domino fell, there was no other direction this disaster could take.

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2022, 06:39:38 pm »

Agree.  I don't think fiscally responsible politicians even exist any more.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2022, 06:41:43 pm »

I wish I knew.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2022, 06:52:59 pm »
This is another reason Biden's puppeteers are trying so desperately to get America into a war somewhere. First of all, they want the money and power it will bring them through corrupt 'emergency measures' etc. But also they want to be able to blame all of the hardships and disasters Biden has inflicted on the American people on "The War".

This is a 'time of war!' Biden is doing the best he can under the circumstances. Democrats are almost certain to start a war just for the distraction it will bring. The only reason we are not at war already is because Biden/Milley/Austin are considered to be childish jokes internationally, and Russia/Ukraine are not cooperating with them to get it started.

America will be involved in some kind of war sooner rather than later. Especially with the COVID panic losing its edge and the power to control populations.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2022, 06:54:05 pm »

Maybe so, and maybe what we need is somebody different from Reagan.  A clone of Reagan as he was in 1976 and 1980 might not be the best fit for 2022.