Author Topic: Levi's brand president quits, says she was forced out over her opposition to COVID-19 school closure  (Read 271 times)

Offline EdinVA

Levi's brand president quits, says she was forced out over her opposition to COVID-19 school closures

Jennifer Sey, Levi's brand president, wrote a post in Bari Weiss' "Common Sense" Substack on Monday saying that Levi Strauss & Co. CEO Charles Bergh had informed her in recent weeks that it was "untenable" for her to remain at the firm where she had worked for more than two decades, and that she turned down the severance because she did not want to "have to sign a nondisclosure agreement about why I'd been pushed out."

Sey, a mother of four, explained in the post that she had long been an advocate for children and that Levi's had always supported her in the past when she expressed other political views, but that all changed after Sey refused to stop speaking out against California shutting down public schools in the name of safety due to the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/levis-brand-president-quits-says-she-was-forced-out-over-her-views-against-school-closures

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sey was and is right to speak out.

I'd boycott Levi's, but my ass isn't gay enough to fit them well, anyway, and I don't own a pair.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis