Author Topic: Missouri Supreme Court disciplines St. Louis lawyers who waved guns at BLM protesters  (Read 311 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
KCUR | By Dan Margolies 2/8/2022

The McCloskeys drew national headlines when they confronted a group of mostly Black protesters who had entered their gated community en route to demonstrate in front of the nearby home of a former St. Louis mayor in June 2020.

The Missouri Supreme Court on Tuesday indefinitely suspended the law licenses of two St. Louis attorneys who waved guns at Black Lives Matter protesters in 2020, but it stayed their suspensions and placed them on probation for a year.

The orders came after Missouri’s chief disciplinary counsel last year asked the court to suspend the law licenses of Mark McCloskey and his wife, Patricia McCloskey, in connection with their guilty pleas to misdemeanors stemming from the gun-waving incident.

The orders mean that if they violate the terms of their probation, their law licenses could be suspended indefinitely.

The probation terms require the McCloskeys, in written quarterly reports, to note any arrests, criminal charges, civil lawsuits, disputes with clients, investigations questioning their fitness to practice law and reports of additional disciplinary complaints.

The court also ordered them to provide 100 hours of pro bono legal services during their terms of probation.

More: https://www.kcur.org/news/2022-02-08/missouri-supreme-court-disciplines-st-louis-lawyers-who-waved-guns-at-blm-protesters

Online LMAO

What do you think the sentence would be for the protesters had they burned their house down?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline verga

See now my thought was they should have been given medals, but what the heck to I know.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
McCloskies should take this to SCOTUS.

This has serious home defense implications.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Were not the McCloskeys pardoned by the Missouri governor?

If so, pray tell, what is "a pardon" supposed to represent?

How can the MO supreme court take action against them for "a crime" that is now pardoned (and presumably removed from the books)???

This dumb guy wants to know.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"entered"=tore down a metal gate to get into...

The court is full of shite.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online LMAO

Were not the McCloskeys pardoned by the Missouri governor?

If so, pray tell, what is "a pardon" supposed to represent?

How can the MO supreme court take action against them for "a crime" that is now pardoned (and presumably removed from the books)???

This dumb guy wants to know.

Good question.

I thought they were pardoned. Isn't this double jeopardy? 
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy