Author Topic: Antarctic Ice Melt  (Read 97 times)

rangerrebew

Antarctic Ice Melt
« on: February 09, 2022, 04:38:06 pm »
Antarctic Ice Melt

Icecaps in the Antarctica with icebergs melting in the sea Photo by  Sarah Atoui licensed from 123rf.com
Pro: Antarctic Ice Melt is Dangerous

Climate Change is causing accelerated ice loss in Antarctica and Greenland. This is causing sea level rise to increase dangerously. This rising sea level threatens the homes and livelihoods of 100’s of millions of people living on coasts and low-lying islands. NASA presents this graph showing sea level rise plotted by satellite data, and suggests
Downloaded from NASA Global Climate Change4 Accessed 6/19/2020

https://everythingclimate.org/topics/antarctic-ice-melt/
From USA Today

Greenland and Antarctica have lost 6.4 trillion tons of ice in the past three decades; unabated, this rate of melting could cause flooding that affects hundreds of millions of people by the end of the century, NASA said in a statement.

Satellite observations showed that the regions are losing ice six times faster than they were in the 1990s, according to a new study.

If the current melting trend continues, the regions will be on track to match the “worst-case” scenario of the United Nation’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, (IPCC) of an extra 6.7, (17 centimeters) inches of sea level rise by 2100.

“That’s not a good news story,” study lead author Andrew Shepherd from the University of Leeds in the United Kingdom, told the BBC.

https://everythingclimate.org/topics/antarctic-ice-melt/
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 04:39:33 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Antarctic Ice Melt
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 04:46:19 pm »
So, everything we've done to fight Global Climate Change in the last 30 years has actually backfired?

Thanks for nothing, Al Gore.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.