Author Topic: Inspector General Opens Investigation Into U.S. Capitol Police Following Allegations Of Spying On Me  (Read 1137 times)

Offline mountaineer

Inspector General Opens Investigation Into U.S. Capitol Police Following Allegations Of Spying On Members Of Congress, Staff
The IG is trying to determine if the Capitol Police have been illegally spying on members of Congress, their staff, or visitors to their offices.
 By: Sean Davis
February 08, 2022
The Federalist
The inspector general for the U.S. Capitol Police (USCP) has opened a formal investigation into whether the law enforcement agency tasked with securing the Capitol has been inappropriately surveilling elected members of Congress, their staff, and visitors to their offices, The Federalist has learned. The opening of the investigation follows news reports and accusations from lawmakers that USCP has overstepped its bounds as it tries to recover from the January 6 riots that tarnished both the Capitol and the reputation of the law enforcement agency that was supposed to keep it safe.

USCP Chief J. Thomas Manger confirmed the opening of the inspector general investigation in his response to congressional inquiries about USCP police tactics, reported in a January 24 article published by Politico, including surveilling and compiling intelligence dossiers on members of Congress, their staff, and visitors. ...

Suspicions that USCP may not be acting appropriately did not arise in a vacuum, however. In November 2021, a USCP officer entered the congressional office of Rep. Troy Nehls, R-Tex., and took a photo of a whiteboard in Nehls’ legislative office detailing various legislative plans being considered by Nehls and his staff. In a formal police report filed several days after the incident, the officer wrote that he had been conducting a routine security patrol on Saturday, November 21, and discovered that one of the doors to Nehls’ office was open.

The report claimed that the officer entered Nehls’ office and found a whiteboard that contained “suspicious writings mentioning body armor[.]” The officer reportedly took a photo of the whiteboard, which was then passed around to analysts within USCP. The following Monday, USCP dispatched three plain-clothed intelligence officers to Nehls’ office and questioned a staffer who was there about the whiteboard and the legislative proposals it contained.

Just days before the USCP officer entered Nehls’ office and took a picture of the whiteboard Nehls and his staff used to brainstorm and catalog legislative ideas, the Washington Post ran a story about a federal government contractor in rural Texas who defrauded the United States by supplying Chinese-made body armor instead of body armor manufactured in the United States.  ...
Full story

Utterly corrupt.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

the officer wrote that he had been conducting a routine security patrol on Saturday, November 21, and discovered that one of the doors to Nehls’ office was open.
I doubt that very much. I suspect Nehl was on Pelosi's radar, so she ordered the police to use their keys to enter the office and rifle through whatever documents they could find.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This is worse than Watergate.
Bob Woodward would not say about this break-in.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
But it's ok when the Dems to it... /sarc
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

https://mobile.twitter.com/RepTroyNehls/status/1491065696335560708

Congressman Troy Nehls
@RepTroyNehls
·
1h
Replying to
@RepTroyNehls
On November 20th, 2021, Capitol Police entered my office without my knowledge and photographed confidential legislative products protected by the Speech and Debate clause enshrined in the Constitution, Article 1 Section 6.

Congressman Troy Nehls
@RepTroyNehls
·
1h
Two days later on Monday November 22, 2021 (Thanksgiving week), three intelligence officers attempted to enter my office while the House was in recess.

Congressman Troy Nehls
@RepTroyNehls
·
1h
Upon discovering a member of my staff, special agents dressed like construction workers began to question him as to the contents of a photograph taken illegally two days earlier.

Congressman Troy Nehls
@RepTroyNehls
·
1h
.@CapitolPolice
 never informed myself or senior level staff of their investigation and the reasons are clear.

Congressman Troy Nehls
@RepTroyNehls
·
1h
They had no authority to photograph my office, let alone investigate myself or members of my staff.

So, why is the Capitol Police Leadership maliciously investigating me in an attempt to destroy me and my character?

Congressman Troy Nehls
@RepTroyNehls
·
1h
Maybe it is because I have been a vocal critic of @SpeakerPelosi
, the @January6thCmte
, and @CapitolPolice
 leadership about their handling of January 6th, the death of Ashli Babbitt and the subsequent SHAM investigation.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Congressman Troy Nehls
@RepTroyNehls
·
1h
Upon discovering a member of my staff, special agents dressed like construction workers began to question him as to the contents of a photograph taken illegally two days earlier.

I guess it beats dressing up like plumbers.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

This is worse than Watergate.
It's beyond appalling and outrageous, but since the victim is a Republican, this probably is yet another story that will die a quiet death.

Offline Kamaji

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inspector General Opens Investigation Into U.S. Capitol Police Following Allegations Of Spying On Members Of Congress, Staff
By: Sean Davis
February 08, 2022

The inspector general for the U.S. Capitol Police (USCP) has opened a formal investigation into whether the law enforcement agency tasked with securing the Capitol has been inappropriately surveilling elected members of Congress, their staff, and visitors to their offices, The Federalist has learned. The opening of the investigation follows news reports and accusations from lawmakers that USCP has overstepped its bounds as it tries to recover from the January 6 riots that tarnished both the Capitol and the reputation of the law enforcement agency that was supposed to keep it safe.

USCP Chief J. Thomas Manger confirmed the opening of the inspector general investigation in his response to congressional inquiries about USCP police tactics, reported in a January 24 article published by Politico, including surveilling and compiling intelligence dossiers on members of Congress, their staff, and visitors.

“While I am confident in our methods, I am asking the USCP Office of the Inspector General to review the USCP’s programs related to these security assessments to assure both this Committee, the Congress as a whole, and the public that these processes are legal, necessary, and appropriate,” Manger wrote to seven Republican lawmakers.

According to the Politico article, USCP analysts had been directed by Julie Farnam, the acting director of USCP’s Intelligence and Interagency Coordination Division, to “run ‘background checks on people whom lawmakers planned to meet, including donors and associates.”

“When staff were listed as attending these meetings, Capitol Police intelligence analysts also got asked to check the social media accounts of the staffers,” the Politico article alleged.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2022/02/08/inspector-general-opens-investigation-into-u-s-capitol-police-following-allegations-of-spying-on-members-of-congress-staff/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: Pelosi’s Capitol Cops Tried to Sneak Into GOP Congressman’s Office Dressed as Construction Workers, Illegally Took Photos of Legislative Documents.

Rep. Troy Nehls from Texas has detailed the extraordinary abuse of policing powers to spy on his Congressional office.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s Capitol Police are alleged to have illegally entered the office of Congressman Troy Nehls (R-TX), photographing confidential legislative products and grilling staff, according to reports. The police – now under formal investigation – stand accused of dressing up as construction workers and attempting another entry just two days later.

more
https://thenationalpulse.com/2022/02/08/breaking-pelosis-capitol-cops-tried-to-sneak-into-gop-congressmans-office-dressed-as-construction-workers-illegally-took-photos-of-legislative-documents/
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

So, other than fashion sense, what, exactly, is the difference between the old nazi Gestapo and the new nazi Capitol Hill Police?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I guess it beats dressing up like plumbers.

The distinction was not lost on me either!

Top Notch.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Any Republican congressman that isn't using surveillance cameras to see what is happening in their offices when gone after this is a fool.

Online Hoodat

Any Republican congressman that isn't using surveillance cameras to see what is happening in their offices when gone after this is a fool.

I'm not as forgiving.  I would be planting some C4 inside a notebook or binder first.  THEN I would turn on the surveillance cameras.  Then Pelosi could tell their next of kin how honorably they gave up their lives illegally spying on Republicans.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Right_in_Virginia

Tim Pool
@Timcast

People be like "we're not in a civil war" while government agents dressed like constructions workers illegally break into a member of congress' office

10:33 AM · Feb 8, 2022  Twitter Web App

Online Right_in_Virginia

Anything from Lizard on the threat this poses to the rule of law, our democracy and the sanctity of Congress?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 06:38:12 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline mountaineer

Capitol Cops Tried to Sneak Into GOP Congressman’s Office Dressed as Construction Workers

What the actual hell.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
THIS IS WORSE THAN WATERGATE!
WORSE THAN THE CIVIL WAR!
THIS IS WORSE THAN 9/11! ... to quote the Democrats ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Capitol Police Downplay Claims from GOP Congressman that They ‘Illegally’ Surveilled His Office

Sean Moran 8 Feb 2022

U.S. Capitol Police confirmed on Tuesday that they entered Rep. Troy Nehls’ (R-TX) office without his permission; Nehls said that the Capitol Police “illegally” photographed his office, investigated him and his staff.

Nehls said Tuesday morning that the Capitol Police Intelligence Division investigated his office and, “one of my staffers caught them in the act.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/08/capitol-police-downplay-claims-from-gop-congressman-that-they-illegally-surveilled-his-office/
Support the USO

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
THIS IS WORSE THAN WATERGATE!
WORSE THAN THE CIVIL WAR!
THIS IS WORSE THAN 9/11! ... to quote the Democrats ...

Don't forget to add that it's a threat to Democracy!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LadyLiberty

“While I am confident in our methods, I am asking the USCP Office of the Inspector General to review the USCP’s programs related to these security assessments to assure both this Committee, the Congress as a whole, and the public that these processes are legal, necessary, and appropriate,” Manger wrote to seven Republican lawmakers.

Then why did they have to dress up like a member of the Village People and enter when they thought nobody was there?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's beyond appalling and outrageous, but since the victim is a Republican, this probably is yet another story that will die a quiet death.

Most likely. 

BTW: Troy Nehls represents a district just to the South of mine and is the former long time sheriff of Ft. Bend County, Texas. If they know what's good for them, they had better not F with him!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 10:24:14 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exclusive — Rep. Troy Nehls: Nancy Pelosi Using Capitol Police as ‘Her Private Intelligence Agency’ to Investigate Lawmakers
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/08/exclusive-rep-troy-nehls-nancy-pelosi-using-capitol-police-as-her-private-intelligence-agency-to-investigate-lawmakers/
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

I guess we shouldn't be surprised. This was reported nearly two weeks ago:
Meet the Capitol Police’s New Spy Chief
Capitol police, acting as the Stasi of the Democratic Party, will collect dirt on Republicans under the pretense of national security then leak gossipy details to an always-compliant news media.
By Julie Kelly
January 27, 2022

When most Americans hear the term “Capitol Police,” they likely conjure visions of uniformed officers manning metal detectors at the numerous congressional buildings or helping tourists navigate the sprawling Capitol grounds: a D.C. version of a mall cop.

That imagery, however, is in stark contrast to reality as Democrats have weaponized yet another federal agency to target their political enemies on the Right.

After January 6, 2021, Capitol Police officials announced plans to expand beyond the legislatively authorized purview of the agency and open offices in Florida and California, as well as in other states. Congress overwhelmingly supported a bill last year to fork over $2.1 billion in new funding to the Capitol Police. Now flush with cash and immune from any serious public oversight, the agency is returning the favor by spying on dissidents of the Biden regime.

According to Politico, Capitol Police investigators are preparing secret dossiers on lawmakers, congressional staff, donors, and even constituents who visit their representatives in public or in private.

“After the Jan. 6 insurrection (sic), the Capitol Police’s intelligence unit quietly started scrutinizing the backgrounds of people who meet with lawmakers,” reporters Betsy Woodruff Swan and Daniel Lippman wrote. “Several Capitol Police intelligence analysts have already raised concerns about the practice to the department’s inspector general,” one source told Politico.

Investigators are asked to scour social media accounts and even examine “tax and real estate records to find out who owned the properties that lawmakers visited.”  ...
American Greatness