Author Topic: Vernon Jones Drops Out of Georgia Governor’s Race, Endorses David Perdue  (Read 1001 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Vernon Jones Drops Out of Georgia Governor’s Race, Endorses David Perdue

Ashley Oliver 7 Feb 2022

Former Georgia Rep. Vernon Jones announced on Monday he is no longer running for governor and will instead run for U.S. Congress in the Peach State in a district to be determined.

Jones, a former Democrat who switched parties and became a Republican in 2021, said he plans to support former Sen. David Perdue (R-GA) in the governor’s race moving forward, calling Perdue “a good man who loves our state and loves our Country.”

“After much prayer & consideration I have decided that I can best serve the people of Georgia in the Congress of the United States,” Jones wrote in a statement Monday.

“I believe that strong conservative voices need to be heard as we lead America into the future,” Jones continued. “Because of this decision I am officially withdrawing my candidacy for Governor effective today and will be supporting David Perdue for Governor.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/07/vernon-jones-drops-georgia-governors-race-endorses-david-perdue/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Re: Vernon Jones Drops Out of Georgia Governor’s Race, Endorses David Perdue
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 03:43:05 am »
Waiting to see which district Jones decides to run in.  But the State GOP still has not finalized the new district map, and primary voting begins on March 7.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-