Author Topic: Harris County GOP official sparks bipartisan scorn with 7 shocking, 'hate-filled' proposals  (Read 387 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by Dug Begley 2/7/2022

A slate of anti-immigrant, anti-trans, pro-death penalty resolutions proffered by a Harris County GOP precinct chair drew outrage from Democrats and scorn from Republicans, though the opposing sides remained at odds over the correct outcome.

Carla Richburg of Cypress, chair of GOP precinct 602, proposed eight resolutions to the party platform, including outlawing all sex education in schools; mandatory death penalties for anyone convicted of murdering a police officer or murders committed during other felonies; a call to “wage war against all invaders” related to Texas borders that authorizes deadly force; considering all Chinese nationals as spies and removing them from the country; refusal to recognize transgender identification; and removal of the word “marriage” from official documents.

The resolutions were roundly rejected by the local Republican party’s advisory board, which forwarded them to voters, noting, “we unanimously condemn the tone and content.”

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/houston/article/gop-precinct-chair-border-war-chinese-spies-16838783.php

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Kinda wondering if Carla is married and if she's easy on the eyes...  :smokin:
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Kinda wondering if Carla is married and if she's easy on the eyes...  :smokin:

I can see why someone would have that thought!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Carla Richburg of Cypress, chair of GOP precinct 602, proposed eight resolutions to the party platform, including outlawing all sex education in schools; mandatory death penalties for anyone convicted of murdering a police officer or murders committed during other felonies; a call to “wage war against all invaders” related to Texas borders that authorizes deadly force; considering all Chinese nationals as spies and removing them from the country; refusal to recognize transgender identification; and removal of the word “marriage” from official documents."

Sounds like "a good start" to me.

"The resolutions were roundly rejected by the local Republican party’s advisory board, which forwarded them to voters, noting, “we unanimously condemn the tone and content.”"

Is it any wonder why Republicans lose?
This is Texas, for gosh sakes.
Hey all you GOPBriefers down TX way...
... I thought you southern boys were supposed to be traditional-minded?