Author Topic: Brooklyn Democrat Brook-Krasny switches to GOP as he eyes Assembly run  (Read 127 times)

Offline Kamaji

Brooklyn Democrat Brook-Krasny switches to GOP as he eyes Assembly run

By Carl Campanile and Rich Calder
February 6, 2022

Fed up with his party’s kowtowing to its “progressive” wing with soft-on-crime policies, a former conservative Democratic Brooklyn lawmaker switched his party registration to Republican as he plots a run for his old Assembly seat in the borough’s red-trending southern precincts, The Post has learned.

Alec Brook-Krasny’s switch comes as Democrats flee the party nationally, with 29 House Democrats deciding to retire or not seek re-election instead of fighting against the GOP’s “defund the police” attacks and President Biden’s policies.

“I can’t believe everything that’s going on in the Democratic party, all the calls to ‘defund the police,’ the cancel culture. It goes against my character and my nature,” Brook-Krasny, a former state assemblyman, told The Post.

Brook-Krasny is eying a run for his old Assembly seat in the 46th District, which under redistricting includes Coney Island, Brighton Beach, Bath Beach and Dyker Heights. Mathylde Frontus is the Democratic incumbent.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/02/06/brooklyn-democrat-brook-krasny-switches-to-gop-as-he-eyes-assembly-run/