Author Topic: When ‘Prosecutorial Discretion’ Becomes Suspension of the Law  (Read 388 times)

rangerrebew

When ‘Prosecutorial Discretion’ Becomes Suspension of the Law
Can the Biden administration get away with not enforcing the Immigration and Nationality Act?
By Andrew R. Arthur on February 3, 2022

I have written extensively about the Biden administration’s efforts to limit immigration enforcement against removable aliens, most recently DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas’ September memo titled “Guidelines for the Enforcement of Civil Immigration Law”. Can DHS simply not enforce the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)? Maybe, maybe not, but to explain I must delve deep into a recent decision of the Fifth Circuit, Texas v. Biden, which the Supreme Court may soon consider.

Texas, MPP, Detention, and Parole. At issue in Texas is whether DHS violated the law in its attempts to terminate the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP, better known as “Remain in Mexico”), but as I explained on January 21, “factually the case has much more to do with how the Biden administration is handling the ongoing disaster at the Southwest border.”

Simply put, DHS is required to detain illegal migrants under section 235(b) of the INA, but alternatively, it can release them individually under a very limited authority known as “parole”, or it can send them back across the border to await their removal proceedings (which is what MPP does). What the Fifth Circuit held DHS cannot do is release them on parole en masse, which appears to be DHS’s current approach.

https://cis.org/Arthur/When-Prosecutorial-Discretion-Becomes-Suspension-Law

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: When ‘Prosecutorial Discretion’ Becomes Suspension of the Law
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 06:36:00 pm »
This is a GREAT article that should be read by all!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 06:49:02 am »
This is a GREAT article that should be read by all!
Yes.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 11:22:26 pm »
If Mr. Trump gets back into office, and if he gets a decent attorney general this time around, one of the first individuals I'd like to see prosecuted for dereliction of duty and perhaps outright treason is this guy Mayorkas.