Author Topic: This Flying Car Is Now Officially Approved to Take to the Skies  (Read 258 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This Flying Car Is Now Officially Approved to Take to the Skies
« on: February 06, 2022, 02:19:57 pm »
The Daily Beast
Neel V. Patel
4h ago

We’ve been promised flying cars for decades now, yet our four-wheeled vehicles are still stuck in the ground. But a Slovakian company is hoping to change all of that very soon. Klein Vision’s “AirCar” was recently issued a Certificate of Airworthiness by the Slovak Transport Authority—meaning it has the official OK to fly around in its home country.

(more)
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/this-flying-car-is-now-officially-approved-to-take-to-the-skies/ar-AATwt9o
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

Re: This Flying Car Is Now Officially Approved to Take to the Skies
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 05:44:24 pm »
I have a pilot's license and can tell you that if you are flying around a small airport with 6 or 8 planes in the pattern, see and be seen can be iffy.  First, you had better be able to recognize your traffic.  A description as say, a red plane is ahead is nice but somewhat useless because there are all kinds of planes of that color.  I had a situation where a plane got between the runway and me which was to follow me to the runway, so I had to do a 360 degree turn in traffic, with permission, to give separation.  You can't slam on breaks to avoid the problem.  If you are in a small plane and positioned behind turbine traffic, you had better have enough separation to make sure you don't get into wake turbulence.  As you taxi, you have got to be sure you have permission to be crossing or be on a runway.  As long as you follow the "rules of the road" it's all pretty safe but not always.  I think of Tenarife where to jumbo jets collided.  My point is it requires alertness and adherence to instructions but I can't imagine that from a bunch of people in their private planes/cars.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 05:46:20 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 06:01:56 pm »
I have a pilot's license and can tell you that if you are flying around a small airport with 6 or 8 planes in the pattern, see and be seen can be iffy.  First, you had better be able to recognize your traffic.  A description as say, a red plane is ahead is nice but somewhat useless because there are all kinds of planes of that color.  I had a situation where a plane got between the runway and me which was to follow me to the runway, so I had to do a 360 degree turn in traffic, with permission, to give separation.  You can't slam on breaks to avoid the problem.  If you are in a small plane and positioned behind turbine traffic, you had better have enough separation to make sure you don't get into wake turbulence.  As you taxi, you have got to be sure you have permission to be crossing or be on a runway.  As long as you follow the "rules of the road" it's all pretty safe but not always.  I think of Tenarife where to jumbo jets collided.  My point is it requires alertness and adherence to instructions but I can't imagine that from a bunch of people in their private planes/cars.
Add to that the increased complexity/maintenance and FAA involvement, IFR requirements to fly into controlled airspace.... The Ford Edsel comes to mind.... billionaires play toy...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022, 06:10:39 pm »
Add to that the increased complexity/maintenance and FAA involvement, IFR requirements to fly into controlled airspace.... The Ford Edsel comes to mind.... billionaires play toy...

LOL!  I have a good friend who spent 40+ years working for the FAA.  The "I'm from the government and I'm here to help" people.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2022, 06:12:15 pm »
  The Ford Edsel comes to mind.... billionaires play toy...

I don't imagine it will be that successful as soon as people start dropping out of the sky. :scared smiley:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2022, 06:17:29 pm »
I don't imagine it will be that successful as soon as people start dropping out of the sky. :scared smiley:

Yea, I have seen these people drive....  :silly:
Just get a helicopter... cheaper and easier..