Author Topic: Decorated Vietnam vet from PA fined for Capitol breach, avoids prison  (Read 224 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Torsten Ove - Pittsburgh Post Gazette   February 06, 2022

A Vietnam veteran from McKean County, Pa. who joined the pro-Trump protesters with a friend to storm the U.S. Capitol was sentenced this week to pay $1,000 but avoided any confinement or other punishment.

U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden ordered William Blauser, 75, of Ludlow, to pay a $500 fine and another $500 in restitution.

Blauser, a Purple Heart recipient and the commander of his American Legion post, was charged along with Pauline Bauer, a restaurant owner seen on video screaming for police to bring out “that f— bitch” — Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.

Her case is pending, but Blauser pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of parading in a Capitol building.

“I was caught up in something I truly regret,” he wrote to the judge. “If I had a chance to redeem myself, I would certainly do that in a heartbeat. All I can do is sincerely apologize to my country and the court for my actions.”

Blauser drove with Bauer to Washington to attend the Trump rally.

They walked to the Capitol with the crowd and then passed police to enter the building. Video showed them scuffling with officers.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/02/decorated-vietnam-vet-from-pa-fined-for-capitol-breach-avoids-prison/