Author Topic: Dashcam captures wild road-rage crash on Palisades Parkway  (Read 664 times)

Offline Kamaji

Dashcam captures wild road-rage crash on Palisades Parkway
« on: February 04, 2022, 01:26:46 pm »
Dashcam captures wild road-rage crash on Palisades Parkway

By Jorge Fitz-Gibbon
February 3, 2022

Wild dashcam video captures the moment a car goes careening out of control and flips during a road-rage encounter on the Palisades Parkway.

The shocking footage, posted on YouTube last week by user Racerwong.Shooterwong, shows a Honda Accord and a Ford F-150 Raptor pickup truck jockeying for position on the parkway on Jan. 24, Fox News reported.

The Accord is seen tailgating the Ford truck in the left lane of the two-lane roadway.

The Honda driver veers to the right and onto the shoulder before cutting back in and tries to cut in front of the Ford — which speeds up.

The Honda is seen trying to wedge in between the pickup truck and another vehicle and goes careening into a rock outcropping on the side of the road and flips several times before coming to rest on its roof.

The pickup truck drove on and didn’t stop.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/02/03/dashcam-captures-wild-road-rage-crash-on-palisades-parkway/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Dashcam captures wild road-rage crash on Palisades Parkway
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 11:48:17 pm »
Aw, too bad.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 12:25:55 am »
I hope the dash cam didn't get a clear shot of the Ford's license plate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 12:27:26 am »
When two ass holes meet on the road the biggest one wins.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022, 12:43:56 am »
I hope the dash cam didn't get a clear shot of the Ford's license plate.

It can probably be made out, but it doesn't really look like the Ford was primarily at fault.  The Accord was pretty damned aggressive, and almost sideswiped the Ford and pushed it into the median.  The dashcam video is on the NY Post's webpage.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 12:55:06 am »
It can probably be made out, but it doesn't really look like the Ford was primarily at fault.  The Accord was pretty damned aggressive, and almost sideswiped the Ford and pushed it into the median.  The dashcam video is on the NY Post's webpage.

F-150 thought he was the left lane police.   Douche move. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2022, 12:59:20 am »

True, but being a Douche Canoe isn't illegal (yet).  He did make a brief contact with the guardrail, though.  I probably would have driven off too, with the "Not my problem" attitude and not billed my insurance for the body work.  Might have called 911 as a uninvolved motorist to get them to respond with EMTs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022, 01:01:04 am »

I'm pleased the dark 3rd car got away.
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2022, 02:14:50 am »

I concur.  I cannot stand people who block the left lane.  It is for passing only.  Did you notice how he sped up once the car began to edge in front of him?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2022, 02:18:09 am »
I concur.  I cannot stand people who block the left lane.  It is for passing only.  Did you notice how he sped up once the car began to edge in front of him?

Yes I did.   

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2022, 03:06:42 am »
Really? Here in Californistan the left lane is the GTFOMW lane and you risk getting run over if you try and drive the speed limit, not that I ever drive the speed limit. But the rules of the road anywhere should be if possible move over and let the crazy person blow past, not only is it the courteous thing to do they make excellent rabbits to attract the CHP.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2022, 03:13:07 am »
Really? Here in Californistan the left lane is the GTFOMW lane and you risk getting run over if you try and drive the speed limit, not that I ever drive the speed limit. But the rules of the road anywhere should be if possible move over and let the crazy person blow past, not only is it the courteous thing to do they make excellent rabbits to attract the CHP.

When I was growing up in MI, it was a ticketable offense to cruise in that lane, it's obstruction of traffic. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2022, 07:08:21 pm »
Viz. left-lane douches: welcome to NY.  Everyone parks themselves in the left lane.  It’s the cruising lane in downstate NY. 

It’s kind of pathetic, actually, because on the LIE, once traffic hits a certain density, the right lane is often faster than the left lane.