Author Topic: ‘This is a joke’: Hawley calls closed door Afghanistan hearing a ‘clown show’  (Read 343 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘This is a joke’: Hawley calls closed door Afghanistan hearing a ‘clown show’
February 3, 2022 | BPR Wire

Republican Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri called Wednesday’s hearing on Afghanistan a “clown show” because it was behind closed doors.

“The fact that this hearing is happening behind closed doors is absolutely outrageous,” Hawley told reporters. “It is a total travesty, and it’s for one reason only: they do not what to have any accountability. They do not want to answer questions in public.”

“This is a joke,” Hawley said. “What’s happening today is a clown show. It is meant to be a clown show, and it is an absolute travesty.”

The Biden administration’s withdrawal from Afghanistan was marked by chaos as the Taliban took over the country in a matter of days. Hundreds of American citizens were left behind in the country as the deadline for the U.S. to evacuate passed.

Hawley expressed frustration over learning more about the withdrawal from leaks to the press than from the Biden administration itself, and he asked why no one who was responsible for the evacuation had been fired.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/02/03/this-is-a-joke-hawley-calls-closed-door-afghanistan-hearing-a-clown-show-1196401/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Shaheen: Leaked Afghanistan Notes Underscore My Concerns about Handling of Withdrawal

On Wednesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) reacted to reporting in Axios on leaked notes from a White House meeting on the exit from Afghanistan and the National Security Council’s dismissal of the report by stating that she didn’t support Biden’s decision to withdraw and wasn’t comfortable with the execution of the withdrawal, and the report underscores the concerns she had.

Shaheen said, “It’s no secret that I was not supportive of the president’s decision to withdraw and was uncomfortable with the way that was carried out. But, at this point, what we need to do is find out what went wrong and what was done right about that evacuation, what are the lessons that we can carry forward? That’s why a commission that has been sponsored by Sen. Duckworth and a number of other folks, myself included, is important to see if we can make sure that we don’t make the same mistakes in the future.”

Host Kristen Welker then asked, “And just to put a fine point on it, do the leaked documents that we’ve now all seen underscore your concerns about how the withdrawal was carried out?”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/02/02/shaheen-leaked-afghanistan-notes-underscore-my-concerns-about-handling-of-withdrawal/
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 03:38:39 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Shaheen: Leaked Afghanistan Notes Underscore My Concerns about Handling of Withdrawal

On Wednesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) reacted to reporting in Axios on leaked notes from a White House meeting on the exit from Afghanistan and the National Security Council’s dismissal of the report by stating that she didn’t support Biden’s decision to withdraw and wasn’t comfortable with the execution of the withdrawal, and the report underscores the concerns she had.

Shaheen said, “It’s no secret that I was not supportive of the president’s decision to withdraw and was uncomfortable with the way that was carried out. But, at this point, what we need to do is find out what went wrong and what was done right about that evacuation, what are the lessons that we can carry forward? That’s why a commission that has been sponsored by Sen. Duckworth and a number of other folks, myself included, is important to see if we can make sure that we don’t make the same mistakes in the future.”

Host Kristen Welker then asked, “And just to put a fine point on it, do the leaked documents that we’ve now all seen underscore your concerns about how the withdrawal was carried out?”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/02/02/shaheen-leaked-afghanistan-notes-underscore-my-concerns-about-handling-of-withdrawal/

Let's make no bones about it:  if the Afghanistan withdrawal travesty had happened under President Trump, all of the democrats - including Ms. Shaheen - would be screaming over impeachment from every rooftop.  But Biden's a fellow democrat, so he gets a pass - a mulligan - and the focus is just on "lessons learned".

And Congress wonders why it engenders so little trust amongst such a large percentage of the American population.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
At the time of the Biden surrender to the Taliban, I read about a busload of California students on some kind of cultural exchange who were trapped over there. After the surrender and pull out of American troops there was a news blackout on anything happening in Afghanistan. I never heard if they ever made it out or not? But my understanding is that they are still there. We may never know because the Biden administration will never say one way or the other and the American Pravda State controlled MSM will never report it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
At the time of the Biden surrender to the Taliban, I read about a busload of California students on some kind of cultural exchange who were trapped over there. After the surrender and pull out of American troops there was a news blackout on anything happening in Afghanistan. I never heard if they ever made it out or not? But my understanding is that they are still there. We may never know because the Biden administration will never say one way or the other and the American Pravda State controlled MSM will never report it.
All I can find is that California officials were responsible for their rescue and Issa got the last ones out Nov 2.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
All I can find is that California officials were responsible for their rescue and Issa got the last ones out Nov 2.
I hope so.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Let's make no bones about it:  if the Afghanistan withdrawal travesty had happened under President Trump, all of the democrats - including Ms. Shaheen - would be screaming over impeachment from every rooftop.  But Biden's a fellow democrat, so he gets a pass - a mulligan - and the focus is just on "lessons learned".

And Congress wonders why it engenders so little trust amongst such a large percentage of the American population.
Has there been a single firing or at least reassignment from the biggest F___Up in the history of this country?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington