Author Topic: Facebook loses users for the first time Ever: Shares plummet 20%  (Read 744 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Facebook loses users for the first time Ever: Shares plummet 20%
« on: February 03, 2022, 01:48:41 pm »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10471227/Facebook-loses-users-time-Zuckerberg-blames-TikTok-boom.html

<snipit>
Facebook loses users for the first time EVER: Shares plummet 20%, wiping $200BN off value of parent-firm Meta after it revealed 500,000 fewer daily log-ins and declining profits - Zuckerberg's personal wealth takes $29BN hit.

CEO Mark Zuckerberg believes Facebook's decline in users is likely due to the boom in popularity of the competitor platform TikTok
Facebook reported a nearly half million drop in daily users during the last three months of 2021, with only 1.93 billion users logging in each day.

Facebook's parent company, Meta, saw its stock plunge 22.6% during after-hours trading on Wednesday.

If the drop holds until the market opens Thursday, the company's market capitalization - its overall value - is on track to drop by nearly $200 billion
Zuckerberg personally experienced a more than $29 billion loss when the company's stock fell Wednesday.

===================================================================================

Who says there is never good news? 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Facebook loses users for the first time Ever: Shares plummet 20%
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 03:00:04 pm »
This is why conservatives need to leave the popular social media platforms for other venues, because this is the result - pain and bleeding.

Cut off their revenues and they wither.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 03:00:57 pm »
This is why conservatives need to leave the popular social media platforms for other venues, because this is the result - pain and bleeding.

Cut off their revenues and they wither.

:thumbsup:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 03:43:51 pm »
First time ever?  Seems to me there was a big exodus when they started banning people telling the truth about the Rona....

Meanwhile,on Wall Street, Meta Platforms opened the trading day off by 25%, dragging NASDAQ down by almost 2%.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 03:48:08 pm »
Facebook is a dying Social(ist) business model. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 03:56:07 pm »
This is what happens when you 'ban' half your user base because they do not think in lock-step with you.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 08:20:03 pm »
FB down now by 27% today, while being downgraded by 4 major tech leading analyst. including one at Evercore calling FB..."Dead Money". And support target at 200....   :silly: :silly: :silly:

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2022, 08:58:47 pm »
Facebook = MySpace/Netscape/Explorer and on and on and on.
In 10 years Facebook will be a trivia question.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2022, 09:10:10 pm »
"Daddy - What is a Blockbuster Video?"
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2022, 09:15:41 pm »
This is mind boggling stat too.....

$ that changed hands in trading FB today?

185M shares times say $290/sh (average) = roughly $54B

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2022, 09:16:24 pm »

Netscape didn't go anywhere, it's called "Firefox" now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2022, 09:37:46 pm »
"Daddy - What is a Blockbuster Video?"

Didn't their stupid CEO have a chance to buy Netflix?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2022, 11:57:26 pm »
Netscape didn't go anywhere, it's called "Firefox" now.
Only because they gave up making money on it and donated the source code to the open-source community... so now it will likely live forever.

Of course, the "Netscape" brand has changed hands a few times and now sits buried at the bottom of old intellectual properties with virtually no value (Yahoo, AOL, etc.). I think Apollo Global Management held it last.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2022, 01:03:31 am »
Didn't their stupid CEO have a chance to buy Netflix?
Blockbuster Could Have Bought Netflix for $50 Million, but the CEO Thought It Was a Joke
John Antioco's arrogance in September 2000 cost Blockbuster its future.
There are times when you look back on your career and all you can think is: "Oops. I really screwed up that time." You have to assume that's what former Blockbuster CEO John Antioco says to himself every time he remembers a meeting he had in Dallas in September 2000--and every time he streams a movie to his TV.

In his new book That Will Never Work, Netflix co-founder Marc Randolph describes a meeting he attended with Antioco along with Netflix co-founder Reed Hastings and its then-CFO Barry McCarthy at Blockbuster headquarters in Dallas. Everyone from Blockbuster who was at that meeting must cringe when they think back on it now. The company could have bought Netflix that day for $50 million, but its CEO didn't even bother to consider the possibility. He seemed to see it as a great big joke.
https://www.inc.com/minda-zetlin/netflix-blockbuster-meeting-marc-randolph-reed-hastings-john-antioco.html

A real big joke on the CEO as Netflix is worth $180 billion
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington