Author Topic: O'Rourke driving pickup across Texas to highlight issues with power grid  (Read 550 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
O'Rourke driving pickup across Texas to highlight issues with power grid
By Joseph Choi - 02/01/22 03:04 PM EST

Texas gubernatorial candidate Beto O'Rourke (D) will be driving over 2,000 miles across the state over 12 days this month to bring attention to its infrastructure.

O'Rourke's road trip will involve public events across 12 Texas towns and cities, beginning in Odessa on Feb. 4 and ending in Houston on Feb. 15.

"One year after a preventable grid collapse left millions of families without heat, electricity, and running water for days, Texans will be coming together at events across the state to remember what happened, spotlight those who stepped up to serve their communities during the terrifying blackout, and unite around a brighter future for Texas where we finally fix the grid, bring utility costs down, and keep the lights on so this deadly crisis never happens again," O'Rourke's campaign said.

Unprecedented winter storms left millions of Texans without electricity or heat for days early last year. Nearly 250 residents are believed to have died due to the winter storm outages. Multiple leadership members of the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), the organization that operates Texas's electrical grid, resigned or were fired in light of the outages.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/592321-beto-orourke-driving-pickup-across-texas-to-highlight-issues-with-states
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: O'Rourke driving pickup across Texas to highlight issues with power grid
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 08:43:22 pm »
Hope he does that better than his skateboarding.  Otherwise, he might kill somebody needlessly as he face-plants into the streets.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 09:57:46 pm »
What a douchewheel.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 10:53:35 pm »
The guy is a twatwaffle.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 10:54:40 pm »
He better not f'n show up at my Whataburger......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 11:38:39 pm »
Shouldn't a GenX-er like Beto be scootin his Gaia worshiping butt around in an electric vehicle? I bet his campaign thought they would butch him up by putting him a truck.