Author Topic: COVID-19 cases among Olympic athletes, personnel top 100 in past four days  (Read 266 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
COVID-19 cases among Olympic athletes, personnel top 100 in past four days
By Monique Beals - 01/31/22 11:48 AM EST

China has reported 119 COVID-19 cases in participants for the Beijing Winter Olympics — set to begin at the end of the week — in the past four days.

Organizers said most of the positive tests, including 37 on Sunday and 34 on Saturday, came from people who tested following their arrival at the airport, Reuters reported.

Valeria Vasnetsova, an athlete from Russia, was one of three athletes from the country to test positive for the virus on Monday, Reuters added.

"Unfortunately, my Olympic dream will remain just a dream," Vasnetsova said in a social media post. "Maybe one day I will find the strength to rise again but it will be a completely different story."

Emma Terho, the head of the International Olympic Committee's athletes commission, also tested positive and said she was isolating, according to the news service.

"Even though this is not the start I envisaged, I was happy to see the protocols that Beijing 2022 has put in place are working well," Terho said in a social media post.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/592074-covid-19-cases-among-olympic-athletes-personnel-top-100-in-past-four
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34