Author Topic: Cheney, Kinzinger call out Trump over Pence comments  (Read 211 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cheney, Kinzinger call out Trump over Pence comments
« on: January 31, 2022, 02:33:25 pm »
Cheney, Kinzinger call out Trump over Pence comments
By Mychael Schnell - 01/31/22 09:04 AM EST

Republican Reps. Liz Cheney (Wyo.) and Adam Kinzinger (Ill.) called out former President Trump after he suggested that former Vice President Mike Pence should have overturned the results of the 2020 presidential election.

Cheney and Kinzinger, the only two Republicans serving on the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the Capitol, characterized the ex-president’s comments as un-American.

Cheney outlined a series of Trump’s recent statements in a tweet on Monday — including his admission that “he was attempting to overturn the election" — before writing “He’d do it all again if given the chance.”

The Wyoming Republican, who is facing a Trump-backed primary challenger, also noted that Trump previously said he would consider pardoning individuals charged in connection to the Jan. 6, 2021 riot if he runs for president again and wins another term in the White House.

Kinzinger on Sunday said Trump’s statement earlier that day was “an admission” and “massively un-American.” He then offered an ultimatum to GOP leaders, calling on them to “pick a side” between Trump or the Constitution.

“There is no middle on defending our nation anymore,” he added in a tweet.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/592047-cheney-kinzinger-call-out-trump-over-pence-comments
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Cheney, Kinzinger call out Trump over Pence comments
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 02:38:58 pm »

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.