Author Topic: How Air Force police get giant moose out of traffic in Alaska  (Read 145 times)

rangerrebew

How Air Force police get giant moose out of traffic in Alaska
« on: January 31, 2022, 12:26:15 pm »
How Air Force police get giant moose out of traffic in Alaska

"I would certainly not be first in line to stop one of those bio-tanks."

By David Roza | Published Jan 29, 2022 9:00 AM

A moose nibbles on a tree outside the Public Affairs office on Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska, March 20, 2017. Moose are the largest extant species of the deer family with a diet primarily consisting of both terrestrial and aquatic vegetation. Weighing in from 800 to 1,500 pounds, moose are generally slow-moving, but can run as fast as 35 miles per hour. (U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Westin Warburton).

As the Air Force equivalent of military police, security forces airmen have to be ready to face a range of threats. There could be gate runners, intruders on the flight line, or just the bitter cold and blazing heat that comes with standing on post all day. But in Alaska, airmen face one more danger: enormous, six-foot tall creatures that weigh more than 1,000 pounds sporting massive antlers that can stretch up to six feet wide.

Forget China and Russia. These creatures are the real threat, and they are known as “moose.”

“I would certainly not be first in line to stop one of those bio-tanks from going wherever the hell it felt like going,” wrote one commenter on the unofficial Air Force subreddit, where a member of the Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson, Alaska community posted an image of a moose blocking traffic outside the base on Thursday.

“Oh I’ve spent my time at JBER,” said another. “I’m aware of how scary moose are.”

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/air-force-alaska-moose-what-to-do/
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 12:27:33 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: How Air Force police get giant moose out of traffic in Alaska
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 12:28:26 pm »
I'll bet they found the solution in their CRT manual! :whistle: