Author Topic: Trump says he'll treat Jan. 6 rioters 'fairly' if reelected: 'If it requires pardons, we will give t  (Read 582 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he'll treat Jan. 6 rioters 'fairly' if reelected: 'If it requires pardons, we will give them pardons'
By Brad Dress - 01/29/22 11:05 PM EST

Former President Donald Trump said during a rally in Texas on Saturday that he would consider pardoning those charged in connection with the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, saying he would treat them "fairly" if he were reelected.

At Saturday's rally in Conroe, Tex., Trump said, "If I run, and if I win, we will treat those people from Jan. 6 fairly."

"And if it requires pardons, we will give them pardons," he continued. "Because they are being treated so unfairly."

The Jan. 6 insurrection saw thousands of Trump supporters storm the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to prevent Congress from certifying the results of the 2020 election, which the former president and his allies have falsely claimed was rigged.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/591972-trump-says-hell-treat-jan-6-rioters-fairly-if-reelected-if-it
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joel B. Pollak 29 Jan 2022

Former President Donald Trump used a rally speech in Conroe, Texas, on Saturday night to issue a warning to activist prosecutors who are continuing to pursue him in an attempt to discover unnamed crimes, more than a year after he left office.

Trump recounted all of the various efforts to investigate him since before he took office, including the “Russia collusion” hoax and other investigations, all of which found nothing except for an ongoing claim about “fringe benefits” in his business.

“This has been going on as long as you’ve known me. It will continue as long as I’m leading in the polls like I am, both against all Republicans and all Democrats, and we’re leading by a lot,” Trump told the crowd.

“It really is prosecutorial misconduct at the highest level. These prosecutors are vicious, horrible people. They’re racists, and they’re very sick. They’re mentally sick. They’re going after me, without any protection of my rights by the Supreme Court or most other courts. In reality. They’re not after me, they’re after you, and I just happen to be the person that’t in the way. That’s what they’re after. It’s been going on for years.”
Many Democrats seek office promising to prosecute Trump, especially in New York, where he was based until transferring his residence to Florida. Recently, a grand jury in Georgia began investigating his efforts to contest the 2020 election results.

“So think of it: so I’ve got the firm of Chuck Schumer’s radical left brother, all these Never Trumpers working full time in the prosecutor’s office to get Trump, because they couldn’t do it before, because they had nothing after all these years,” he told the crowd in Texas.

“If these radical, vicious, racist prosecutors do anything wrong or illegal, I hope we are going to have, in this country, the biggest protests we have ever had, in Washington DC; in New York, in Atlanta and elsewhere, because our country and our elections are corrupt. They’re corrupt.”

Trump mocked prosecutors for focusing on him when crime is surging in New York and other Democrat-run cities.

Trump also promised to consider pardons for those prosecuted in connection with the January 6 Capitol riot who were being treated “unfairly.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/29/trump-warns-prosecutors-of-mass-nationwide-protests-if-they-do-anything-wrong-or-illegal/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
This should trigger the progressives no end. Like a lot of what Trump does, it energizes BOTH his supporters and his enemies, and we are still not sure who outnumbers who. 

Offline libertybele

Apparently, this is the only issue that the media and people like Collins are focused on after Trump's rally last night.  The rally was massive, he pointed out the destruction of this country done by Joe in just 12 short months, election integrity and this one issue apparently is not sitting well. How about people like Collins and the media focus on the massive destruction Joe has done to our country and election integrity?? We're falling apart at the seams and the MSM and RINO's are concentrating on how they can take Trump down and his supporters.

Trump says he will pardon supporters who stormed US Capitol on Jan. 6 if he wins in 2024

Former President Donald Trump on Saturday night held a Save America rally in Texas, where he took shots at several Democrats and teased a 2024 presidential candidacy by saying he will give "pardons" to his supporters who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 last year if he runs and wins in 2024.

Trump made the comments in front of thousands of supporters, including Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and Texas attorney general Ken Paxton, at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds in Conroe, Texas.

"Another thing we'll do, and so many people have been asking me about it, if I run and if I win, we will treat those people from Jan. 6 fairly," Trump said, eliciting applause. "We will treat them fairly. And if it requires pardons, we will give them pardons. Because they are being treated so unfairly."

"This hasn't happened to all of the other atrocities that took place recently," Trump continued, appearing to talk about crime across the United States. "Nothing like this has happened. What that ‘unselect committee’ is doing and what the people are doing who are running those prisons is a disgrace. It's a disgrace. We will treat them fairly.".................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-he-will-pardon-jan-6-if-he-wins-in-2024
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I cringed when he said this as I knew what the reaction would be...Repubs need to keep some things to themselves instead of broadcasting their plans that gives Libs a chance to spin it.
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This was quite newsworthy. Myself?,  I support the position, as this has been a railroading of epic proportions, and total hypocricy versus the lack of outcry at Antifa and BLM terrorist.

Politically wise, I am on the fence on whether this is a good move or not.   At first glance, I don't think this works well with the middle of the political spectra, as the have been force fed the insurrection lie so much, I think they believe it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 05:55:51 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This was quite newsworthy. Myself?,  I support the position, as this has been a railroading of epic proportions, and total hypocricy versus the lack of outcry at Antifa and BLM terrorist.

Politically wise, I am on the fence on whether this is a good move or not.   At first glance, I don't think this works well with the middle of the political spectra, as the have been force fed the insurrection lie so much, I think they believe it.

I'm not on the fence about this AT ALL!  It's the right thing to do and everybody knows it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

I cringed when he said this as I knew what the reaction would be...Repubs need to keep some things to themselves instead of broadcasting their plans that gives Libs a chance to spin it.

There were a couple of times in the rally in AZ and last night in TX that Trump comes across that he has already been re-elected. He's got a long way to go and this country right now has an uphill battle that isn't going to go away anytime soon.

Election integrity is on the line and IMHO he would be wise to announce how his supporters can help to ensure election integrity and perhaps even pass out pamphlets outlining what needs to be done and encouraging people to participate.  Otherwise, all these rallies that he's doing will be useless.

Don't get me wrong, I love his rallies, I just think the message of election integrity needs to be the focus along with supporting candidates. Certainly his message of how conservatism succeeded and liberalism is grossly failing is also important.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I am not glad he said this but I am glad to know what he plans to do..Also glad to hear he will fire all the woke Generals and allow all those military men and women to come back into the miltary, with back pay that were kicked out due to covid vaccinations...I had a feeling he would do this if elected.
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'm not on the fence about this AT ALL!  It's the right thing to do and everybody knows it!

Read closer...  I support the position.  My "fence" comment was around how this will fare politically within the moderates of the country.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

I am not glad he said this but I am glad to know what he plans to do..Also glad to hear he will fire all the woke Generals and allow all those military men and women to come back into the miltary, with back pay that were kicked out due to covid vaccinations...I had a feeling he would do this if elected.

We have 3 long years under the Joe administration.  Hopefully will oust some DEMS and RINO's in '22.

I wish a conservative was challenging Rubio for his Senate seat. I don't want the GOP to lose the Senate but I just don't know if I can pull that lever for him.