Author Topic: Joni Mitchell joining Neil Young in protest over Spotify  (Read 410 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Joni Mitchell joining Neil Young in protest over Spotify
« on: January 29, 2022, 10:51:10 pm »
CBS/AP[/size]
JANUARY 29, 2022

Joni Mitchell said Friday she is seeking to remove all of her music from Spotify in solidarity with Neil Young, who ignited a protest against the streaming service for airing a podcast that featured a figure who has spread misinformation about the coronavirus.

Mitchell, who like Young is a California-based songwriter who had much of her success in the 1970s, is the first prominent musician to join Young's effort.

"Irresponsible people are spreading lies that are costing people their lives," Mitchell said Friday in a message posted on her website. "I stand in solidarity with Neil Young and the global scientific and medical communities on this issue."

(more)
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/joni-mitchell-neil-young-spotify-protest/

Amazing ... all these old Hippies are choosing to 'cancel' themselves over the vaccines. Why?
This behavior is exactly the opposite of what they have supposedly 'stood for' all their lives.
I don't get it?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 11:18:51 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Joni Mitchell joining Neil Young in protest over Spotify
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 10:59:09 pm »
The legendary rock group Nickelback has announced that they will pull their song collection from Spotify. A spokesman for Spotify stated "Since no one has ever tried to listen to Nickelback on Spotify the move will have no impact on our business."

Stolen from a post at TOS.  I LMAO!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 11:07:44 pm »
I have to forgive Ms. Mitchell as she's nearly 80 now and has suffered from several illnesses in recent years.

She no doubt has some kinship with Neil Young -- many years ago she said her song "Both Sides Now" was written for Young when he was 20, despairing of his own future even back then...

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 11:20:48 pm »
I think these faded stars want to go out with a *bang* of publicity and song sales before they pass on.
"They will remember me now. They will know I was here!"
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 12:20:14 am »
Neil didn't burn out.  He faded away.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 01:48:27 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2022, 01:51:39 pm »
Joni who?