Author Topic: Clueless Newsom shocked at ‘third world’ conditions  (Read 537 times)

rangerrebew

Clueless Newsom shocked at ‘third world’ conditions
« on: January 29, 2022, 08:27:37 pm »
 Clueless Newsom shocked at ‘third world’ conditions

By Steven Greenhut | Orange County Register
PUBLISHED: January 27, 2022 at 12:40 p.m. | UPDATED: January 27, 2022 at 12:40 p.m.

SACRAMENTO – During a photo-op last week at a stretch of Union Pacific railroad tracks in Los Angeles, Gov. Gavin Newsom expressed shock at the accumulated garbage – busted-open cargo containers, looted packages, cardboard boxes and acres of trash. “I’m asking myself, what the hell is going on? We look like a third-world country,” he said.

The governor needs to leave his fancy Sacramento-area compound more often to, you know, see what’s going on throughout our state. Union Pacific executives offered the most shocking information regarding the detritus left behind by vandals who raided slow-moving freight trains as they head to an intermodal facility near downtown LA.

In a letter to Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón, the company pointed to a 160-percent increase in criminal theft in the county since last December. The disorder doesn’t only involve pilfered packages and wanton vandalism, but includes “increased assaults and armed robberies of UP employees performing their duties moving trains.”

https://www.ocregister.com/2022/01/27/clueless-newsom-shocked-at-third-world-conditions/
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 08:28:24 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Clueless Newsom shocked at ‘third world’ conditions
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 08:34:48 pm »
Having worked on the railroad, on the road, when I attended undergrad school, I will promise you there are some very unsavory areas where you have to work.  Back then we had these lanterns to give signals at night and they would go a long way into a thief's head if you used it as such.  Now I believe they use radios which are not much help if you're attacked. :bolt:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 11:19:51 pm »
Were they still using lanterns made of metal in your day, ranger?
Today they're plastic. Hard plastic, but still plastic.

Conductors and brakemen (not many brakemen positions anymore since they went to 2-man crews) still carry lanterns, as well as radios.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 01:51:36 am »
So Noisomes surprised that there are parts of California that look like third world countries? It's because of him and democrats like him that parts of California are third world counties and hi comment just shows that he never gets away from his wealthy elitist safe zones to see what is happening in the state he is supposed to be governing. He may not be Pelosi's nephew by blood but he sure has he mindset.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 01:56:13 am »
So Noisomes surprised that there are parts of California that look like third world countries? It's because of him and democrats like him that parts of California are third world counties and hi comment just shows that he never gets away from his wealthy elitist safe zones to see what is happening in the state he is supposed to be governing. He may not be Pelosi's nephew by blood but he sure has he mindset.
He is just another Leftist in a bubble. When you run with the big donors and the ones they patronize, you don't get mud (or worse) on your shoes.
Someone needs to drop him off on the edge of town, in worn jeans and a t-shirt and let him walk back in.
Maybe he'd get an education.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis