Author Topic: ‘Stand Down,’ Milley Warns Russia  (Read 300 times)

rangerrebew

‘Stand Down,’ Milley Warns Russia
« on: January 29, 2022, 01:42:37 pm »

‘Stand Down,’ Milley Warns Russia
Joint Chiefs chairman issues warning as Defense Secretary Austin says, "Conflict is not inevitable."

By Tara Copp
Senior Pentagon Reporter, Defense One
January 28, 2022 03:51 PM ET

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley pressed the U.S. position Friday that the Russian-Ukrainian crisis could still be solved without war breaking out, even as thousands of U.S. troops have been put on high alert and Russia has primed its own forces for invasion.

“Conflict is not inevitable. There's still time and space for diplomacy,” Austin said in a rare joint press conference at the Pentagon with Milley, President Joe Biden’s senior military advisor.

For weeks the White House and State Department have expressed a desire to reach a diplomatic resolution to the current crisis, where Russian President Vladimir Putin has amassed more than 100,000 forces along Ukraine’s Eastern and Northern borders. Putin has sought a moratorium on Ukraine joining NATO; NATO has maintained an open door policy to new members, which has driven talk that war is imminent.

“We strongly encourage Russia to stand down and to pursue a resolution through diplomacy,” Milley said.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/01/stand-down-milley-warns-russia/361335/

rangerrebew

Re: ‘Stand Down,’ Milley Warns Russia
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 01:44:23 pm »
Have he and the other joint chiefs taken a "non-treasonous" oath to disobey Biden? :whistle:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 01:53:26 pm »
Yeah, and Vlad is shaking in his boots.  /s

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline AARguy

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 02:09:31 pm »
"Stand down Mr Putin... or we will send you a very strongly worded letter! You have seen our resolve in Afghanistan! You do NOT want to defy us!"

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 06:41:08 pm »
"Stand down Mr Putin... or we will send you a very strongly worded letter! You have seen our resolve in Afghanistan! You do NOT want to defy us!"

If I were Putin, and you said that to me, I'd have to go out and get a new box of Depends. :silly:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2022, 07:06:39 pm »
If I were Putin, and you said that to me, I'd have to go out and get a new box of Depends. :silly:

I don't think Putin gives a darn what Joe or Milley have to say. Joe's cognitive decline, his fiasco over in Afghanistan and NATO shutting him out, is all that Putin needs to feel comfortable that he'll succeed over the U.S.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2022, 07:38:55 pm »
:mauslaff: :laughingdog:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 08:01:55 pm »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.