Author Topic: Watch: Former track star hunts down suspect in daring chase  (Read 253 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Watch: Former track star hunts down suspect in daring chase
« on: January 29, 2022, 12:41:25 am »
WND By Amanda Thomason, The Western Journal 1/27/2022

'I just ran behind him and tackled him down'

On Tuesday around 5:30 p.m. in Harris County, Texas, the chase was on after authorities spotted a stolen truck on a toll road.

"The vehicle refuses to stop and is now traveling east bound on Fallbrook Drive. Please avoid the area."

The suspect drove behind an industrial complex into an empty field, then fled on foot, jumping a security fence and leaving authorities in the dust.

Devin spotted the suspect fleeing on foot, and tried to block his path with his own vehicle before getting out and chasing him.

Devin lost both shoes in the process, but an aerial video shows him quickly closing in on the runner, who had also lost his shoes.

"I just ran behind him and tackled him down," Devin said.

"What I was thinking about in the moment was make sure I had all his hands real tight because I didn't know if he had something in his pockets," Devin said. "He say, 'OK, OK.' I say, 'Stay down don't move.' And he say, 'OK, I'm going to stay down.'"

More: https://www.wnd.com/2022/01/watch-former-track-star-hunts-suspect-daring-chase/