Author Topic: Wife of COVID patient suing to force NYC hospital to treat husband with Ivermectin  (Read 155 times)

Online Kamaji

Wife of COVID patient suing to force NYC hospital to treat husband with Ivermectin

By Priscilla DeGregory
January 27, 2022

The wife of a COVID-stricken man “on death’s doorstep” wants a judge to force a Manhattan hospital to give her husband Ivermectin — a derided treatment not approved by the Food and Drug Administration to combat the virus.

Erika Quintero-Sherry, 48, filed suit against Mount Sinai West claiming that despite her rabbi husband Benjamin Chernyavsky’s doctor recommending the drug, other doctors in the intensive care unit of the 10th Avenue hospital have refused, according to a suit filed Wednesday.

The 60-year-old father of five contracted the virus on Jan. 8 and is now on a ventilator in a medically induced coma. The suit claims he has less than a 20 percent chance of surviving.

“Once my husband went onto the ventilator, I felt like, what do we do now?” Quintero-Sherry told The Post. “Are we going to try something else or are we continuing with the same protocol that isn’t working and just keep him on oxygen?”

“Every day I go to the hospital and it’s just nerve wracking,” the wife said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/01/27/wife-of-covid-patient-suing-to-force-nyc-hospital-to-treat-husband-with-ivermectin/