Author Topic: US economy grew 5.7 percent in 2021  (Read 207 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US economy grew 5.7 percent in 2021
« on: January 27, 2022, 03:22:05 pm »
US economy grew 5.7 percent in 2021
By Sylvan Lane - 01/27/22 08:51 AM EST

The U.S. economy grew by almost 6 percent in 2021 as the country staged a rapid rebound from the latest blow of the coronavirus pandemic, according to data released Thursday by the Commerce Department.

U.S. gross domestic product grew 5.7 percent last year after falling 3.4 percent in 2020 as the onset of COVID-19 derailed the global economy and wiped out 21 million domestic jobs, according to the initial estimate from the Bureau of Economic Analysis.

Growth also accelerated during the last quarter of the year, hitting an annualized pace of 6.9 percent even as high inflation strained consumers and businesses. That means the U.S. economy would have grown almost 7 percent if the fourth-quarter pace of growth lasted an entire year.

Developing

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/591588-us-economy-grew-57-percent-in-2021
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: US economy grew 5.7 percent in 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 03:35:51 pm »
For calendar year '21, based on my budgetary numbers, inflation was more like  14% for the entire year.  A 6% GDP is a disastrous incremental financial loss for the public.

Biden has basically with his financial policies has stuck a sword in the heart of the long term economic well being of the country.  He has made Carter look like a piker.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 03:36:43 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.