Author Topic: Jon Stewart Touts Importance of Toxic Exposure Care Reform  (Read 142 times)

rangerrebew

Jon Stewart Touts Importance of Toxic Exposure Care Reform
« on: January 27, 2022, 01:45:24 pm »
Jon Stewart Touts Importance of Toxic Exposure Care Reform
Vets   

By Hannah Ray Lambert | January 19, 2022

Comedian and veterans activist Jon Stewart joined a congressional roundtable Wednesday, Jan. 19, on new laws that may soon bolster care for those with toxic exposure connected to military service.

“A toxic wound is an IED that goes off in your body five years later, 10 years later, 15 years later, and yet the burden of proof and scrutiny is always on the veteran,” Stewart told the group of lawmakers and advocates. This marks the second time in less than a year that Stewart has lent his fame to the issue of military toxic exposures. In May 2021, Stewart stood with lawmakers in front of the Capitol to push for toxic exposure legislation.

“The only conversation we should be having is a collaborative effort to bring the VA together and create first-rate toxic exposure health care,” he said. “Let’s not lose the big picture.”

https://coffeeordie.com/jon-stewart-military-toxic/

rangerrebew

Re: Jon Stewart Touts Importance of Toxic Exposure Care Reform
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 01:48:15 pm »
I'm about as thrilled by Jon Stewart as I would be if I got 100 lbs. of cow manure as a gift, but he does have a good cause. :yowsa: