Author Topic: Explain This Please?  (Read 431 times)

Offline mrclose

Explain This Please?
« on: January 26, 2022, 09:56:18 am »
If this were just a one time occurrence I wouldn't bother asking the question.

It isn't one time, it seems to be the normal way the shipping and postal services work!

My question is Why?

This package originated in NJ which is a little over 300 miles from my home.

It must have been driven right pass my home only to have to make a return trip back to where the package should have ended in the first place!

I have actually had packages and letter mails bounce around 2-3-4 or more states before it got to me!

I had one letter that originated in Richmond that took 5 days to get to me and it was ... Twenty odd miles from my home and no, this was long before the pandemic!
(It actually went as far as Nebraska from Florida before getting to me in Chesterfield, Va)

I can't figure it out!
This package was a quarter days drive from me and I'm told to expect it on Saturday??
(A Week From Origination) 8- )

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Explain This Please?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 10:20:46 am »
I can't. A friend mailed his water bill in the nearest town by putting it in the big blue post office box. Five days later, he got a notice from the water department that he hadn't paid. He went down there and the check was in that morning's mail. The mailbox he used is half a block from the water department. The check had traveled over 500 miles, to Bismarck and back. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Re: Explain This Please?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 12:52:59 pm »
Government run monopoly.  Like health care in Canada.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-