Author Topic: Commerce: U.S. companies have less than 5-day supply of key chips  (Read 259 times)

Online corbe

Commerce: U.S. companies have less than 5-day supply of key chips

Margaret Harding McGill

U.S. companies using key chips are down to a five-day supply, according to a Commerce Department report out Tuesday stressing the fragility of the semiconductor supply chain.

Why it matters: The global chip shortage has stymied production of electronics, vehicles and other items.

Driving the news: The new findings were supplied by 150 companies, including semiconductor producers and major automakers, in response to a request for information from Commerce on the semiconductor shortage.

<..snip..>

https://www.axios.com/semiconductor-chips-shortage-supply-commerce-2ddbbc38-d59f-4689-a723-3a707aa5ff55.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Commerce: U.S. companies have less than 5-day supply of key chips
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 06:11:47 pm »
... and who's fault is that?  Who allowed our supply chain to become centrally dependent upon a Communist government?  Who didn't use Export Resitrictions to prevent the dimunition of America's technology advantage?  Who didn't build supply chain diversification and security into America's procurement processes?

The Chi-coms used our own short-sighted greed against us.  They, along with Globalists, knew that Harvard Business School M.B.A.'s couldn't resist the sirens' calls of cheap foreign labor and manufacture.  Of course, by being a totalitarian central state controlled Communist economy, the Chi-coms could undercut American competitors while receiving favored developing nation status in the World Trade Organization.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Commerce: U.S. companies have less than 5-day supply of key chips
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 01:34:03 am »
Anybody with a brain over the past 30 years could predict this.

Turning over the manufacturing of key components to an enemy is a recipe for disruption.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington