Author Topic: Virginia's new Republican governor, who banned critical race theory in schools, is launching a tip l  (Read 520 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Virginia's new Republican governor, who banned critical race theory in schools, is launching a tip line for parents to report their kids' teachers
sankel@businessinsider.com (Sophia Ankel) - 5h ago

Virginia's newly elected governor banned teaching critical race theory in his first month in office.
    Gov. Glenn Youngkin promoted a government email to which parents could report teachers.
    He said parents can report public-school teachers if they believe they're "behaving objectionably."

Virginia's newly elected Republican governor, who has banned critical race theory in public schools, is launching a tip line to report teachers of "divisive subjects."

In a Monday interview with the conservative radio host John Fredericks, Gov. Glenn Youngkin said parents could email the state government to report any public-school teachers they believed to be "behaving objectionably."

Youngkin said: "We're asking for folks to send us reports and observations that they have that will help us be aware of things like privilege bingo, be aware of their child being denied their rights that parents have in Virginia. And we're going to make sure we catalog it all.

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/virginia-s-new-republican-governor-who-banned-critical-race-theory-in-schools-is-launching-a-tip-line-for-parents-to-report-their-kids-teachers/ar-AAT7sV9?ocid=msedgntp
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I don't generally care for snitch lines, but since this is the govt and not private citizens it's far more defensible to have the reason being to keep the govt in check.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I don't generally care for snitch lines, but since this is the govt and not private citizens it's far more defensible to have the reason being to keep the govt in check.
I have the same sentiments about snitch lines, but the best watchdogs of government services are those the service is provided for/to. That doesn't mean there isn't a possibility these will be abused, even by the Leftists. Just being investigated can be a brutal experience for the wrongfully accused.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

Collecting evidence for upcoming legal battles... pretty smart actually.

Offline Kamaji

True, but this isn't necessarily a snitch line.  It's more like an ombudsman's line where customers can complain to management about poor service from an employee.  That's all about advancing customer service, not creating a snitch line.

Offline AARguy

Great! Another tool to save our children from racist CRT indoctrination! YESSS!

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.